PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Management

demlockian
08-06-2012, 02:02 PM
I need a program that can manage my inventory online and in the store front. For example if I sell a product online and then in the store front I need it to modify the onhand to subtract two. I also need it to show "out of stock" online when my stock hits zero on hand.

So if I have five of product x and someone online buys three I need it to show only two units of product x available for sale. Then somone buys the remaining two of product x in the store it then needs to show zero available online.

I was thinking of using QuickBooks with one of their websites, can this work?

vangogh
08-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I think you need some kind of point of sale (POS) software with both online and offline components. Either that or two separate programs that integrate with each other or a 3rd program. I don't think Quickbooks is POS software, though maybe there are services you can add to it. In searching a little I found AccuPOS (http://www.accupos.com/) which looks like it integrates with Quickbooks and handles both online and offline POS.

billbenson
08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I think a lot of ecommerce sites allow you to put in inventory. I'm not sure as its a feature I never needed.

vangogh
08-07-2012, 07:10 PM
They do, but I think demlockian wants the inventory tied into what's directly sold in the physical store. I'm guessing in store they don't go to the website to process the sale, though I suppose that could be done. I'm thinking more likely some kind of POS software that can connect to both the online and offline solutions is what's needed. It seemed like there were some options out there too.