PDA

View Full Version : Handyman Club Product Test

KerryAll
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Has anyone been approached by these guys before? They want a bunch of free pouches in order for their panelists to do reviews for their magazine and keep the pouches for free. Not a bad idea if I was selling a ton of them, but if I were, I probably wouldn't need to support a freebie like this.
Am I wrong?

Here's their new website they're pushing:
StuffStuff > Home (http://www.stuffstuff.com/)

KristineS
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I did something similar to this several years back with a hunting product the company I work for had at the time. The information we got was valuable, but it didn't really lead to any additional sales. Of course, that could have had to do with the product, as that company eventually was dissolved.

This site is an update of what we did back then. It belongs to the North American Hunting Club. It's basically another benefit for members, join the club and get to test cool new stuff. I guess you could make a case that some of the people who hunt and fish and camp might have a use for your product, but that would be my first question, what sort of people are doing the reviews. A review from a contractor would carry a lot more weight than a review from some guy who just tested it for the heck of it.

It also depends on what the feedback can tell you and how valuable you would find the feedback you get. If having some people test it would give you some insight into how people might use it or how to include the product, then it might be worth it, if the testers have the knowledge to be able to give you educated feedback. If not, then I'd say forget it.