PDA

View Full Version : critique my site?

kimoonyx
07-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a franchise directory that I have sown some major resources into... I have closed big names, but no one knows we exist. I use an SEO firm that promises results in 6 months... how to a get rolling quicker? and what are your feelings about the site?

All You Can Franchise. (http://Www.allyoucanfranchise.com)

AlexMc
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
You're asking for a critique of the site, here are some of my thoughts initially:
Too much text on the homepage. It's also too small of text. The large paragraphs are very insightful, I like the language and content, but it needs to be displayed differently.
Overall, aesthetically the website doesn't seem professional enough or refined, the fonts and colors aren't very appealing.

I think you've got a great thing going here, and you seem to be presenting yourself in an honest matter which I respect.

KristineS
07-02-2012, 01:01 PM
The front page is way too long and busy. I agree with AlexMC that the text is too small and there's just too much information there. You're going to lose a lot of people before they do one scroll to see the next paragraph much less three or four.

The design, to me, looks spammy or like an affiliate site. All the graphics and logos and things make the home page look less than legitimate.

You've got a nice concept and a good way of presenting yourself, but I think the site needs to take it up a notch. You're dealing with people who are looking for business opportunities, and your site should reflect that. Right now I'm not sure it does.

If you want to start placing in the organic results, I'd get working on your blog. You have a lot of ready made information that could be put into some great blog posts, but you don't seem to be using your blog at all. I write two blogs for the company for which I work, and the blogs are always indexed faster than the website pages, sometimes within an hour or two after a post is written and goes live. Figure out what keywords potential franchisees would be searching and write some posts around those words. That should give you a boost with placement.

Harold Mansfield
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I have to agree with everyone else. Seems like you have a lot of good information, but it's just not laid out well, nor designed professionally. It's honestly a throwback to design standards of 10 years ago where you just throw everything on a long page with a bunch of bright colors that beg for attention.

I hate to say it, but it's not going to convert many readers to take action. There's just way too much competition out there for page views, for users to stick around.

websonalized
08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
kimmonyx,

What is the purpose of your website? If you are doing consulting I think your website needs to look a bit more professional. You have too many images, and the very bright colors of your images and font are even made stronger by the black background.

I think if you want to keep these images, since in essence these are symbols of your product, I suggest you change the background of your site to a muted color. Maybe even some gray gradients.

bests

Alex1
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
The site looks really dated. Like something that came back from the 90s, thus making it look very unprofessional. You should focus on improving the look and feel of the site, so you don't scare off potential customers.