PDA

View Full Version : Blogging Webinar

Georgias Gifts
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm considering taking a webinar course on blogging done by Social Media Examiner. It's a 5 lesson course to show you all the ins and outs of making a successful blog for your business.

I'm wondering if this type of workshop is worth the expense. I know that a good blog takes work, there is no easy road to success. I'm hoping to learn helpful hints and steps by pros instead of struggling along by myself.

Is anyone familiar with this online company?

KristineS
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I've heard of these guys vaguely. Don't really know a lot about them.

I guess my question would be how much is the course? If it's relatively cheap, it might be worth doing. If it's a lot ($75+ would be my definition) then most likely you'll be able to find the same information if you just spend a lot of time reading. A lot also depends on what you hope to do with the blog. Based on the subject of the webinar, you're interested in business blogging. What do you hope the webinar will do for you or teach you? Is your goal to build up a large readership that will then buy your products? Are you just looking to humanize your business?

Personally, I probably wouldn't bother with a webinar, but then I jumped into blogging with both feet and made a lot of mistakes. Probably still do according to some people. It really depends on what you think you want to do or need to learn and whether you think spending the money will save you time and effort in the long run.

Harold Mansfield
06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
If it's a "make money online" or make money with your blog kind of thing, I say no.
But if it's on writing skills, creating engaging content and other copywriting techniques and it's not overpriced, I say why not? Just because you have a blog, doesn't mean that you write well.

Georgias Gifts
06-29-2012, 11:15 AM
The cost is $147 which is a 50% discount. It's about strategy, content, promotion, etc.

tmerrill
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
I have heard of the Social Media Examiner blog. They were recommended to me by an SEO expert I've worked with. I agree with KristineS, you probably can get all the content that is in the webinar on the Social Media Examiner site. However, if you want a faster, easier way to get the content, and you have the money, paying for the webinar will certainly speed up your learning. And in turn, it will speed up you creating a great blog. I hope that helps.

Georgias Gifts
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your comments. I decided to pass on the workshop this time. I think the main thing I need to do is blog more!

KristineS
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
The best way to learn to blog is to blog. Read everything you can find out there about blogging. The copyblogger blog is a great resource. Social Media Examiner has some good tips. Find blogs you like and study them to see how they are created and updated. Blogging isn't rocket science, the best bloggers are the ones who spend the time on it and learn.

AlexMc
07-12-2012, 11:18 PM
I am not familiar with that company, but I do agree with investing in resources to help assist you. Have you researched any free webinars as well? I am not sure if you are familiar with HubSpot but they offer great free webinars that include ones specifically on blogging for business (http://www.hubspot.com/marketing-webinars/). I think they are extremely valuable.

Jsaddington
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
There's loads of really good tutorials on Youtube. Search there first and see what you come up with before spending money on any courses. I've been doing SEO and website copy writing for 2 years now and thought about courses, just as you're doing, but started finding all the info I needed for almost nothing. You have to browse around a bit, but the info is already out there.

KristineS
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
There's loads of really good tutorials on Youtube. Search there first and see what you come up with before spending money on any courses. I've been doing SEO and website copy writing for 2 years now and thought about courses, just as you're doing, but started finding all the info I needed for almost nothing. You have to browse around a bit, but the info is already out there.

This is something that I think a lot of people neglect and I think it's sad when that happens. The Internet makes a wealth of information available on almost any subject. If you spend the time, and are making sure that you're getting up to date information from a reputable source, you can educate yourself on almost any topic.