PDA

View Full Version : Marketing on the weekend? yes or no?

BiznessAsUsual
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Happy Friday!

Just interested to know if you folks keep up marketing efforts 7 days a week (online and offline), or if you take a break on weekends. Is any "off time" a lost opportunity to you, or do you think taking a break on weekends is a smarter "bigger picture" strategy. I ask because so many consumers shop and spend on weekends...

AccountantSalary
06-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes, I do market on the weekends more out of force of habit other than anything else. My target audience is business, so there's a noticeable drop in activity during the weekend, despite my efforts.

KristineS
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I market when I'm in the office which is Monday through Friday. On the weekends, I don't do anything business related. That might be different if I owned my own business, but right now I market on behalf of a company someone else owns. I haven't noticed anyone thinking it odd or having issues with the fact that I don't tend to reply to things on weekends.

ReganP
06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I think it depends on what industry you're working in. I would think that if you own a B2C business, the weekend would be a great time for marketing efforts because everyone is online and out and about in the community instead of tied up at work. But, if you work in B2B, your clients are likely not thinking about business on their work accounts, making the weekend much less of an opportunity for successful marketing.

tmerrill
06-29-2012, 08:56 AM
I definitely advertise everyday of the week. I do change when the advertising runs on the weekends vs. the weekdays. I am hoping to better target when my clients see the ads. Good question, thanks for sharing.

Dan Furman
06-30-2012, 11:25 AM
My adwords run on the weekend. Although I don't answer my phone, and I generally reply to weekend e-mail inquiries on Monday. Never really had a problem with this - even though they inquired on a weekend, nobody really expects me to answer the phone on Sat, or reply until Monday.

mrdavidrealestate
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
We go 24/7.

KerryAll
07-02-2012, 05:22 PM
One of my main markets is what I call the 'semi-professional do-it-yourselfer' - the person who builds a lot of his/her own stuff, and has the tools and knowledge to do just that. Many of them work a 9-5 day job that pays the bills, and may be online more in the evenings and weekends.
I sometimes put a weekend special on a forum (where they permit it, of course) that this type of person is likely to visit. It hasn't increased sales a lot, but has driven traffic to my website, so down the road they may remember where they saw that "neat idea for covering my saw or plywood".

billbenson
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
One of my main markets is what I call the 'semi-professional do-it-yourselfer' - the person who builds a lot of his/her own stuff, and has the tools and knowledge to do just that. Many of them work a 9-5 day job that pays the bills, and may be online more in the evenings and weekends.
I sometimes put a weekend special on a forum (where they permit it, of course) that this type of person is likely to visit. It hasn't increased sales a lot, but has driven traffic to my website, so down the road they may remember where they saw that "neat idea for covering my saw or plywood".

Case in point,. Who's your client?

KerryAll
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Um, I thought I explained that- the 'semi-professional do-it-yourselfer' -

billbenson
07-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I meant "it depends on who your client is". This should be one for the proper copywriting thread :)

KerryAll
07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh, gotcha! True.

huggytree
07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
any phone calls i do to get new business is on weekdays only....and not on Mondays since i know my potential customers are extra busy on Monday morning.

i wouldnt like marketing calls on the weekend....i dont like them any time....i say 'not interested' and hang up immediately or if its a 1800 # i dont answer

CallboxInc
08-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Definitely. Online marketing only. These are the only times that prospects have time to check you out. So you need to be visible online if you want to get leads.