PDA

View Full Version : your opinion please

slueth
06-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Some many months ago I posted about my apparel business whereby I purchased men's business shirts without name tags. Many things have transpired since then where I have inserted my own labels into some of them but here is my website now showing the shirts without name labels.What do you think (allsizeapparel.com (http://allsizeapparel.com/))

OBGregg
06-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Had a quick look. Here are my thoughts.

- What are examples of the brand labels you cut out of the clothes? People will want to know that, and it will help you make sales if you put it out there.

- You need to list a physical address on the contact page. Ups the trust level with potential customers.

- I couldn't tell where you ship to.

- I would make a bigger deal about the what you do on the main page. You are offering authentic designer clothing at bargain pricing. I'd even be tempted to change your name to reflect that. "All Size Apparel" is descriptive, but not about what makes you special. If you use a descriptive name, it should be about your differentiator.

vangogh
06-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I turned your url into a live link to make it a little easier for people to visit.

First let me agree with everything Gregg said. Are you allowed to mention the original brands or say something like the same shirts as "brand here" at 20% of the price. Or something like that. A brand can help make sells. If you can't mention the original brands in some way or by comparison you may need to build your own brand to build trust.

I see you do mention the brands on your About page. Why not mention them right on the product pages, assuming you're allowed to.

I just added something to the shopping cart and the first page asked me to fill in the product name and size. That should automatically be filled in. You shouldn't ask the customer to remember the exact name. I had to go back to get the name. By making it harder for me to complete an order after deciding I want to buy something you reduce the changes I'll end up buying something. Make it as easy as possible. Fill in all the information you can. You should even have the quantity default to 1, though allow me to change it to more if I want.

The site generally looks good. Make the cart easier to use, promote the brands if you can, and make it clearer right away what you do. Let people know these are brand name shirts at a big discount.

slueth
06-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the advice I am currently doing something about it now. I think designer brand names at reduced prices is the key. Thanks again:)

vangogh
06-28-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm glad we could help.

JetSetGOConnor
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
I will say I do like the layout of the site. It features your product well, and I found it easy to use. I will agree with the above comments about the brands if that is at all possible as all the shirts from different companies fit just a little bit different.

Just graduating college I think this is a great find for me and all of my friends that have to build a professional wardrobe. I'll be sharing it with all of them so they can build their wardrobe for a great price! I'll also send them here to share their experience and input with your site! They have been amazing providing feedback in the building our my site and the development of our social media marketing.

slueth
07-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback JetSet. I have even cheaper brand name shirts that I haven't launched on the site yet but I am taking things one at a time as I need to get a feel as to whether my venture is going to be a success. I am sure it will be when people see the quality of the product. Thanks again

MyITGuy
07-07-2012, 05:47 PM
I just added something to the shopping cart and the first page asked me to fill in the product name and size. That should automatically be filled in. You shouldn't ask the customer to remember the exact name. I had to go back to get the name. By making it harder for me to complete an order after deciding I want to buy something you reduce the changes I'll end up buying something. Make it as easy as possible. Fill in all the information you can. You should even have the quantity default to 1, though allow me to change it to more if I want.

On the subject of the order form, you should have it perform some validation on the information entered. I shouldn't be able to make it all the way to the payment page without providing the items I want, personal data, shipping data and payment information.

Additionally, on the payment data you should provide options that are billed immediately. I.E. Instead of you manually creating an invoice via PayPal, why don't you calculate the total costs plus shipping (You do have the data) and send this information to PayPal to pay right now?

Finally, on your About Us page you have a section dedicated towards security, yet the order form where personal/financial details are being provided is not protected via SSL? This would definitely be a red flag for me....

slueth
07-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Thanks MYItGuy. Very valid points. I am also adding a terms and conditions section and I will take your points on board when discussing the web page with the designer. With the red flag flying no wonder I haven't had an inquiry yet but thanks to your advice and that of others in the forum hopefully things will turn around. Tnx again

slueth
07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Now put a Terms of Use into the site which hopefully will help?