PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Free Advertising???

KingHippo
11-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Is there any free advertising available anywhere?

derekanders
11-29-2008, 05:40 PM
There are many places online that provides free advertising. One of the best sources for free advertising is your forum signature. Another great place is Article directories (http://smallwebbiz.info/articledirectory).

Hope that helps!

KristineS
11-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Exchanging links with reputable sites can help get you some free advertising. Writing a blog can help get you noticed. Getting listed in directories is often free.

Watchdog
11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Get listed in ShopPass.com, and /or promote your services / products on MyShopPass.com. There is a new article feature we just set up today that can use some help ;) It's all free even the article mod for now?

seolman
11-29-2008, 11:47 PM
What I advise clients to think about is how businesses promoted themselves before television, radio or the web. Most relied on word of mouth and small ads in local newspapers. The web is an extension of the world community and word spreads quickly if someone has found something good. They key is to whisper in the right ears and get the small ads in the right places.

Step 1: build a great site people will want to link to. The best ads come for free via links.

Forums are a great place to start but it's important not to spam. A subtle mention now and then is fine but better just to have something in your signature.

Offer to write articles for magazines (and I mean print magazines) related to the product or service you offer. Be recognized as the expert and people will want to buy from you.

Invite bloggers to review your site and ask for honest opinions on how you can improve it. They may write you up and their readers will visit.

In marketing the more you give the more you get so nothing is really free but cash isn't always involved in a deal. Look for synergistic trades between your site and others. The Ford Dealer gives a home page ad to the Car Wash down the street who in turn tells his customers they should buy Fords because the dealer sends all his new cars there to get washed.

You get the idea. ;)

Aaron Hats
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Instead of looking for free advertising you should be looking for advertising geared to your target market. All the free advertising in the world doesn't mean squat if it doesn't convert a single sale. That's not to say all free advertising is bad, just that because it's free doesn't mean it's good.

mr.ro
12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
i agree with aaron on this, just cause its free doesnt mean its good. I know most of my good clients come from word of mouth. I make my products with great quality and on time. that seems to work better than any free advertising I have tried like forums and craigslist etc... not to say forums are not good I just havent found any clients through them.

Harold Mansfield
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
OMG, the web is full of free advertising !

*You can create a video (use Animoto, it's free) and upload it on all of the video sites promoting your business or website.
*Social Bookmarking sites like Digg, Fark, Mixx, and Yahoo Buzz and allow you to put your articles in front of eyes.
*SEO will let you attract readers and visitors through search engine results.
*Press Release sites like PR Web will let you promote your product and post it up for the world to find.
*You can create blogs for free with wordpress.com and Blogger.com to promote your niche or business.
*You can use Social sites like, My Space, Facebook, and Linked in to build a profile about your business and product.
*Magazine sites like Zimbio will let you make an online magazine of your niche or product.
*You can submit the RSS Feed of your site to any number of feed reader sites all over the web.

All of these things are free !

Do you mean is there a place to just post up a link and brief description and get traffic ?
No. There isn't.