PDA

View Full Version : WordPress 3.4 is out with some nice new features

Harold Mansfield
06-14-2012, 01:36 AM
One of the coolest new features is:
"We’ve expanded our embed support to include tweets: just put a Twitter permalink on its own line in the post editor and we’ll turn it into a beautiful embedded Tweet. And finally, image captions have been improved to allow HTML, like links, in them."

Check out the video and the specs:
WordPress › WordPress 3.4 “Green” (http://wordpress.org/news/2012/06/green/)

vangogh
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice. I knew it was coming, but hadn't realized it was released yet. Guess I'll be updating later today. The tweet thing is pretty cool. I assume we'll see more tweets in posts now. html in captions is also good.

I've generally been impressed with the recent releases of WordPress. I don't need or even want all the features they've added recently, but I can appreciate that someone would want them and understand their inclusion. It seems like overall WordPress has been consistently improving across the board. Every new version has seemed to run a little better than the previous one.

Harold Mansfield
06-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty happy with it too. They are really on the ball.
It is vastly different from when I first started using it years ago.

KristineS
06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
I updated one of EnMart's blogs already. 3.4 is nice. Haven't tried all the features yet, and probably will never use some of them, but it's always nice to have them available.

vangogh
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I've been using WordPress since about version 1.5 (ish). It's changed a lot since then. I can't say I've liked every change they've made, but the vast majority I have. The last couple of years the backend interface has seen a lot of improvement. Aside from looking a lot better, it seems to function a lot smoother.