PDA

View Full Version : Is Google playing dirty ? Peculiar anomaly in Search Results.

Harold Mansfield
06-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I've noticed this for over a week now and I want to make sure that it's not just me.

When you search for something via the Google search bar, the results pop up, and then a second later a paid result appears at the top, causing you to click on the wrong link. The paid one.
At first I brushed it off as my computer loading slowly, but now it seems to be a distinct pattern.

Has anyone else noticed this lately?

billbenson
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
I haven't noticed it, but haven't paid attention either. I'll see if I notice anything as I search today.

BNB
06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
People still use the Google tool bar? Browsers all have the search box built in nowadays.

Harold Mansfield
06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
People still use the Google tool bar? Browsers all have the search box built in nowadays.
People still use AOL.

But that's what I meant. I see this "anomaly" no matter how I search. 1 second delay.

DeniseTaylor
06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi

I just tried it and it doesn't happen to me.

Could you possibly have a virus? I had a virus once that hijacked my searches. Do a Google search to see if anyone's talking about it.

Harold Mansfield
06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Could be something to do with Firefox, since I don't see the same thing in Chrome.

rbianchi007
06-14-2012, 09:33 AM
I think you are experiencing a loading issue unless we are all experiencing a cache issue, not quite sure which is which. I will keep an eye out for a while to see if I see something out of place like that but I am fairly certain you are experiencing a local issue based on the responses and my initial testing.

Matt121
10-17-2012, 12:57 AM
i agree with rbianchi007 that it may be you have problems regarding loading issues. I don't seem to have the same problem when browsing through Firefox or Chrome.