PDA

View Full Version : How to deactivate blog on wordpress?

natalia
06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Hello.

Does anyone here know how to turn off a blog post at wordpress? I need to make the blog post (home) to be static page, not a blog. Can anyone here help?

cbscreative
06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
First, you create your page using Pages on the left navigation. Most likely, there is already one called Home. You can either modify it or delete it and build your own.

After creating the Home page, look under Settings on the left and choose Reading from the submenu. You'll see a radio button for Static page and choose your Home page in the drop down next to Front Page.

I suggest deleting the sample blog posts, and, under Settings click on the Discussion and choose the settings you want to control comments. You'll be amazed how fast the spammers find you and drop spam comments.

One more thing I thought may be helpful; under Appearance in the left menu is Menus. This controls how your page navigation displays.

vangogh
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Steve pretty much covered what you need to do. The one thing I'd add is that with Appearance > Menu it depends a little on your theme. Not all themes will include the code to allow you to use those menus. It's possible your theme coded menus in a different way, which could mean editing a file to remove the Blog link from the navigation. Try Appearance > Menu first, but if that doesn't work let us know and we can walk through editing the file that's producing your menu.

natalia
06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi guys, thank you all for your help. I just did it and to be honest it saved me quite some money. Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend.