PDA

View Full Version : Shopp ecommerce & paypal question

LindaDuyer
05-31-2012, 08:03 PM
I forget what I did when I linked my Shopp ecommerce with PayPal and have a question.

My first sale (which was my own test) worked fine. I set up my Shopp ecommerce with no handling fees, only shipping fees. With my first test purchase all looked fine.

But the next two purchases online (yeah, that's all so far but I've not promoted it until lately), PayPal added a handling fee which I don't use. Their customer service says it's not them, it's the coding linking my Shopp to PayPal, that it likely changed during some update, of maybe Wordpress, but I forget.

Any clues how I'm supposed to fix that? Is it somehow in my Shopp settings?

Thanks ahead of time.

Linda

vangogh
06-01-2012, 12:16 AM
I wasn't aware of Shopp having handling fees. Maybe it came with a new update. That would probably be where the charges are coming from though. Look through the Shopp settings.

I just did some searching and see Shopp mentioning the ability to include a handling fee. It must be in the settings.

LindaDuyer
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
No, the problem isn't with Shopp settings, as where there is handling, I kept that blank. I can't remember if I did something special with wordpress or godaddy when linking to PayPal. I'll see what I can find out.

vangogh
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Let us know what you find out.

Are you connecting to UPS or USPS for your shipping fees? If so maybe the handling fees are coming through that connection.