PDA

View Full Version : Hello..

seolman
11-27-2008, 04:52 PM
My name is Dave and I hope to learn a lot about brewing beer in this forum..oh wait...this is Steve's Small Business Forum! Ooops. Sorry, then I hope to learn a lot about business and marketing and all that, plus micro-brewing. There. That should do it!

Nice looking forum Steve :D

Steve B
11-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi David,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm especially interested to learn about what you do in Costa Rica. Please tell us more.

seolman
11-27-2008, 07:41 PM
My wife & I operate a web development and graphic design firm. We have about 10 employees (4 programmers, 1 web designer, 2 graphic designers plus 3 sales/admin). I focus primarily on the Web Marketing/SEO side of things at present but I have broad experience in Business and Marketing. I've always enjoyed Steve's insights into business and the web on other forums so I figured I'd come here and learn/contribute where I can.

vangogh
11-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave. Now we have another place to talk and have a bit of fun. Mmm...micro brews.

Thanks for joining the community.

derekanders
11-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the forums, great to have you here. Hopefully you can get something out of joining!

seolman
11-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Welcome to the forum Dave. Now we have another place to talk and have a bit of fun. Mmm...micro brews.

And this from a guy who's probably stuffed to the gills with turkey, gravy, pumpkin pie and other culinary delights...have you no shame? :D

vangogh
11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
None whatsoever.

KristineS
11-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave. I'm not much into beer, but I'll help out in any other way I can.

seolman
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave. I'm not much into beer, but I'll help out in any other way I can.

I'm not into beer anymore either. It was a complete fabrication based on days of yore. These days carbs goes straight to the belly and thighs. I'm stuck with the occasional red wine. Hey! Wine making it is! :D

KristineS
11-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Wine making is supposed to be fun. I've never tried it, but we have some great vineyards in my neck of the woods and they seem to do quite well at it.

seolman
11-28-2008, 02:03 PM
It's a deal, but Steve has to promise to wash his feet first...

Watchdog
11-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi Dave Welcome - I'll be picking your brain on seo. I have a web site with the best possible seo one could ever hope for and it was done "naturally" as we just built a content rich niche website for the sheet metal industry.

Our forums add much to the credit although there are few compared to many today..they are focused.

seolman
11-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Dave Welcome - I'll be picking your brain on seo. I have a web site with the best possible seo one could ever hope for and it was done "naturally" as we just built a content rich niche website for the sheet metal industry.

Our forums add much to the credit although there are few compared to many today..they are focused.

OK...but be careful. There's only so much material left to pick before it's all gone... :D

cbscreative
11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Welcome, Dave. It's great to have another web guy with us. As long as vangogh washes his feet, I'll help sample the wine after it ages long enough. The micro brew sounds great too, and it's ready for consumption a whole lot faster.

seolman
11-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Ahh yes. Impatience could push us toward a brew. But then again, a still could be set up pretty quickly and the entire issue of Steve's dirty feet is completely taken out of the picture...unless his socks were to be used as a final stage of filtration. But who needs filtration?

vangogh
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
No one told me bathing was a prerequisite for forum posting. As luck would have it I do bathe regularly. Now I never did say I'd be stomping those grapes either. I'm perfectly happy to be drinking up like the rest of you.

And speaking of grape stomping, earlier today the Lucy episode where she's in Italy stomping grapes was on.

seolman
12-01-2008, 02:09 AM
*Phew* I'm safe then. I bathe fairly regularly too so I guess I'm OK to post.

OK, I'm tossing the entire wine and beer making idea right out the door. It was a bad business idea anyway. I have high arches and my feet hurt all the time so crushing grapes would have been difficult. Beer wise, Costa Rica isn't famous for growing hops or barley and if I have to share with Steve the transport issues come into play.

I guess we'll just have to get everyone to come down to Costa Rica and I'll spring for a Keg of the local brew we can all share.

vangogh
12-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Works for me. Costa Rican local brew sounds like a good plan. Colorado is a micro brew state and if I'm drinking a beer it's most likely from a local micro brewery.

seolman
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I think the Small Business Forum needs a Costa Rica seminar put on by Steve. Sounds like a worthwhile tax write-off to me ;)

vangogh
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Costa Rica here we come. Sounds like as a good a place as any to hold a business seminar. And I have nothing against a tax write-off. Are we all staying at your place?

seolman
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Sure. I can fit about 10 people in my pop up tent in the back yard...just bring some OFF spray and you'll be fine.

vangogh
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I think I saw that your pop up tent received 5 stars from Fodors travel guide. There was no mention of needing to bring OFF in their review so I'm glad you mentioned it. I take it room service is included.

seolman
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Of course. We have fresh herbs and a Papaya tree in the yard. Help yourself to all you like.

vangogh
12-03-2008, 08:03 PM
mmm...papaya

seolman
12-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Jolie - welcome to my 5 Star Pup tent ;)

vangogh
12-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Jolie. You'll probably get more friendly greetins if you start a new thread. More people will likely welcome you there.

seolman
12-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Let her alone VG - I've started my own "worlds longest intro" thread. Don't ruin it for me!

vangogh
12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Trying to compete with our movie thread? You know we had that one going for close to two years on the old forum and now have it going here.

Hmm? I think my intro thread (http://www.small-business-forum.net/introduce-yourself/3-hi-everyone-vangogh-here.html) is still the longest, but you're catching up. Maybe I need to reintroduce myself and make this a competition.