PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

vangogh
11-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey All,

Thought I'd wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and ask how you all spend the day.

We're having a small Thanksgiving at my mom's this year. Just 6 of us, which is a little smaller than usual. I'll be spending much of the day watching football and helping get things ready here.

Should be a fun day with good company and good food.

How are you spending the day?

billbenson
11-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Glass of wine, a little php, wifes making Chili Rellenos this year. They are a festival sort of Mexican dish. Stuffed peppers, but you whip an egg batter and immediately fry them. No flour in the batter. Timing is everything. They can come out really good or be lousy depending on the whipped eggs sticking to the chili.

Best part about the day is the phone isn't ringing.

Watchdog
11-27-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm my wifes little elf today as she prepares for the family thanksgiving dinner. Just the 10 of us:)

I'm on break until she needs me again so - just browsing and working the sites:)

Happy ThanksGiving Everyone!

Evan
11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Just seven of us this Thanksgiving, and spent much of my time helping my mother prepare and get things ready. :)

Steve B
11-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Traditional dinner with our family of 5. No traveling this year - all family are in other states.

I took a nap while my wife did all the work.

Doesn't really seem fair does it!

vangogh
11-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe not fair, but a nap always sounds good. We're finished with the meal now and I'm upstairs watching a little tv.

KristineS
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
We did dinner at my sisters. I made Chex Mix. It was tough.

My brother in law cooked and did a beautiful turkey with all the trimmings. Lovely dinner.

Got back home about 7 last night.

It was a good day.