PDA

View Full Version : Small Business Management Tools

Intuit_Sam
05-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Hello Small Business Owners!

I am a product manager at Intuit (makers of QuickBooks and TurboTax). I知 currently seeking small business owners to use and give feedback on an iPad app aimed at helping your business invoice easily, get paid quickly and keep information organized to build better customer relationships容ncouraging repeat and referral business.

This trial is limited to businesses that are not using QuickBooks today. Participating businesses will receive the application free for the duration of the 6 month test and will have the opportunity to sign up for additional studies with paid compensation.

If you're interested, apply at iPad beta test Survey (http://svy.mk/K0BlEc) and we値l get back to you as soon as possible!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Sam

vangogh
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi Sam. Could you tell us a little more about the app? I might be interested. I clicked through to the survey, but the first thing it asked for was my email address and phone number. Sorry you need to tell me a little more about what I might be signing up for before I'd give you either. If you don't mind sharing some details there's a good chance I would participate.

Thanks.

Intuit_Sam
05-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi vangogh!

Thanks for your question. The app will basically allow you to manage your customers, create estimates, create invoices, take notes on projects and have a general overview of your business finances. This app is in beta and this would just be a test, but we'd love to get some feedback from real small business owners! The form on the survey is simply to get an initial conversation started. I'd reach out to you and we'd have a discussion about whether or not this would be something that could help you manage your business.

Let me know if you have any more questions, more than willing to answer!

Thanks,

Sam

vangogh
05-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks again for the info Sam. I'm looking more for accounting software and naturally that includes Quicken and Quickbooks. I'd hesitated to buy either in the past as I'm on a Mac and sorry to say you guys haven't been treating Mac owners as nicely as Windows owners over the years. It looks like that's changing though so I'm looking again. One of the reasons I'm also looking at Intuit is you have the service to charge a credit card through the software. I know that's an additional service. Does it work through either Quicken or Quickbooks or is it only a Quickbooks thing?

The beta app sounds useful. I already have something that does the same thing though. I don't know if this is something you're planning for the app, but one thing I've notice lacking in pretty much all invoicing programs is an ability to actually charge clients. It seems like such a natural fit to tie in to your merchant services. Any plans for that? Other useful things would be to have electronic invoices include links to PayPal or Google Checkout or anything similar.

Intuit_Sam
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone!

I got a message stating that the link isn't working so smoothly. Please e-mail me directly at samantha_paylim@intuit.com if you're interested in participating!

Sam

Evan
05-29-2012, 09:15 PM
QuickBooks is gradually starting to improve for Mac's. It becomes a pain if your accountant uses Windows and you need to convert the file... but it's at least doable now.

vangogh
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I noticed in the most recent version. Hopefully sending files between Macs and Windows gets easier though. That's rather important and quite honestly something that shouldn't even be an issue at this point.