PDA

View Full Version : How do Facebook admins invite friends to company timeline?

Workit
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I am a Facebook admin on my company's timeline. When I try and invite my friends to the page: I go to the admin panel and click on the drop down for "Build Audience." The only available option is "Import Email Contacts." There is no option for "Invite Friends."

Does anyone know how to allow admins to invite their Facebook friends to a company's timeline? Is there a certain setting the page originator must select in order to give admins this right?

Your help is appreciated.

ReganP
04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
On the Facebook page I am an admin for when I click "Build an Audience" invite friends is the second choice. Do you have multiple FB accounts and are you signed in to the proper one? It might have just been a fluke, did you try it again? Are any of the other admins having this problem? I'm not sure if it could be an issue with permissions but you might want to look into it.

Workit
04-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Your post made me try something I hadn't yet. We were all using the facebook page as our business rather than ourselves. If you go to the admin panel from yourself then you are able to "invite your friend" if you use the page as the business the only option is to "invite email contacts." Mystery solved thanks ReganP.

ReganP
04-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Glad it worked out Workit!

Jonathanh
10-31-2012, 05:57 AM
I have exactly this problem but please - how do you sign in as yourself rather than the Company? If I sign in using my e-mail address and password Facebook recognises me as the Company and I am again caught? What simple thing am I missing here?

dianecoleen
10-31-2012, 06:28 PM
I think you just need to assign your profile as the user. Simply click on the drop down menu on the upper right side of your profile beside the home then assign on what page or profile do you want to exist. I think that's all. Hope that helps.

Allyp5761
04-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I think you just need to assign your profile as the user. Simply click on the drop down menu on the upper right side of your profile beside the home then assign on what page or profile do you want to exist. I think that's all. Hope that helps.

I need some help! I have created a fan page for my business and was trying to figure out how to invite friends. I did this wrong by inviting friends while I was signed in under the fan page instead of doing it the correct way through my personal page. Now that I know how to do this correctly all of the people I tried to invite earlier are highlighted and unable to be invited correctly. How can I fix this?

Harold Mansfield
04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I need some help! I have created a fan page for my business and was trying to figure out how to invite friends. I did this wrong by inviting friends while I was signed in under the fan page instead of doing it the correct way through my personal page. Now that I know how to do this correctly all of the people I tried to invite earlier are highlighted and unable to be invited correctly. How can I fix this?

You can't invite friends to join your page from your personal profile. It has to be done through the page.
If the names in your list are already highlighted, then they've already been invited. Once it's done, you cannot do it again.

dianecoleen
04-26-2013, 05:40 PM

I think you already have invited your friends. Since, you said that the invitation was already disabled. You might have overlooked on it. I don't think that there is any possible way to invite your friends through your personal profile from the fan page.