PDA

View Full Version : New Tribute Blog, Please Review

Harold Mansfield
11-24-2008, 02:41 AM
We all know by now that I have short attention span syndrome. I've had this domain for a few weeks, (someone let it drop). This week end I got a wild hair and decided to get something on it.
It's a tribute site to Detroit's most influential radio DJ, Electrifying Mojo, and The Midnight Funk Association (His midnight membership club).

Anyway, it was very influential to a lot of people in S.E. Michigan, N. Ohio, and Windsor Ca, and he is credited with influencing the 3 main artist that started Detroit Techno, and House, which spun into Dance Music as we know it today worldwide. (See the connection ? I have a Dance Music blog, and I grew up around this time in Detroit :))

Content is still in the making, it has a lot of categories, but once I get the initial 12-15 articles on it this week, I will rely on user submission.

Probably monetize it with adsense and music downloads. (edited) I also have an Amazon site that sells all Detroit Sports Team stuff, and Detroit Memorabilia (MotorCityFanShop.com) that I will link to heavily from it. (forgot about that)

It's a free theme that I did a little hack job on ,(will definitely change the header when I get an idea) tell me what you think.
Thanks.

MidnightFunkAssociation.com (http://www.midnightfunkassociation.com)

Funny thing, while I was working on it today, I was dropping the plugins and such and went back a few hours later to check the stats for "S's and G's" and it got some hits. Checked the Feed burner and I already have 7 subscribers before I even posted it for review or submitted it (or even indexed it). Strange.

greenoak
11-24-2008, 04:15 AM
love the name!!! i didnt know michigan had a big part in music AGAIN!!! i knew about motown....
ann
magpie cottage (http://www.magpiecottage.blogspot.com)

KristineS
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I like the design, simple and nice looking. The one thing that bothered me was the font you're using for the headlines. I thought it was a bit hard to read.

Harold Mansfield
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I like the design, simple and nice looking. The one thing that bothered me was the font you're using for the headlines. I thought it was a bit hard to read.

I will probably change the header, this one is temporary. I just don't have any designs in mind or images that I haven't used in other projects.
If the layout is cool, and the mission is clear, that is a step in the right direction.
Gonna fine tune a few things over the next few days.

@Greenoak, the name is actually the name of the show from Midnight to 1 a.m. Once I saw the domain available, I couldn't bear the thought of someone getting it and using it for something unrelated, just to piggy back any residual traffic. I figure I had no choice.

Harold Mansfield
11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Changed the header, and the font. Better?