PDA

View Full Version : Need hosted shopping cart solution

grasshopper
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
We are just launching into internet sales. We only, at this time, have one product.

I tried Volusion but it's much to complex and complicated for my needs with a very steep learning curve.
I tried Authorize.net's Simple Checkout, but it's hokey with no product photos and it Will Not calculate Sales Tax.

Question: Who has a good service that is similar to Simple Checkout but that will allow product photos, calc. sales tax, maybe do order tracking, send custom order confirmation emails, a little sales tracking, etc...?

Kinda pulling my hair out over this one. It's taking me months to get this shopping cart setup and it's just one single item..but either the services are waaay to much or they are to weird or not enough.
I just got done trying fleapay, a free service...which seemed nice up until I went to place an order..it forces the customer to give them their email address and then the customer MUST go to their email and click a confirmation link just to complete the order..meaning I would lose every single sale. This sort of thing happens a lot.

Please Help.

lucas.bowser
04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
I would check out e-junkie.com. This probably has all the features you need. It supports digital and physical goods. They have a $5/month plan that probably would work for you.

grasshopper
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I appreciate the link however I'm not sure that's right for me either.

Unlike fleapay, it forces you to use their "buttons" which are drawn from the site. My site is designed as an image map so I cannot easily integrate the buttons without first creating a landing page, a bit of a pain.

Also, when customers click on the button they get taken to a site with the e-junkie URL in the address bar and this look really unprofessional. (although I like that it's a popup I worry about popup blockers)

What I would ideally like is something where I could just directly link to my shopping cart (like fleapay) or one where I can redirect a subdomain (like shop.myurl.com) and have it bring up the cart while not displaying the new URL in the address bar (remains shop.myurl.com) so people don't get skiddish.

Any ideas? Would yahoo cart do this?

For some reason getting the shopping cart setup is the very hardest part of the entire "starting an online business" venture and I cannot figure out why most of them are so weird.

Patrysha
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Would something like Wahmcart.com work for you. It's halfway between a shopping cart and an autoresponder...