PDA

View Full Version : New timeline in Facebook

jamesray50
04-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I was wondering what you all thought of the new timeline in FaceBook? I like it okay for my personal page, but I don't like if for my business page. It doesn't look like a business page anymore. I tried to add a cover. I was going to put my logo. It said it was too small, it needs to be 399 pixels wide. So I go to Corel and make the image (it 200 pixels wide) and insert it. What downloaded was a huge, blurry image, and only half of it was in the space. I have no idea what I did wrong since I followed the instructions.

KristineS
04-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't mind the timelines, although I haven't quite gotten a handle on how they pull things. Sometimes it seems linear and then other times they seem to be highlighting something from in the past.

I'm not sure what happened with your upload. I'll leave that answer to someone who more versed in the tech stuff than I am.

Harold Mansfield
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I was wondering what you all thought of the new timeline in FaceBook? I like it okay for my personal page, but I don't like if for my business page. It doesn't look like a business page anymore. I tried to add a cover. I was going to put my logo. It said it was too small, it needs to be 399 pixels wide. So I go to Corel and make the image (it 200 pixels wide) and insert it. What downloaded was a huge, blurry image, and only half of it was in the space. I have no idea what I did wrong since I followed the instructions.

Your cover image (the big one) needs to be at least 850x315
You can't size up something from 200px wide to 800px wide and keep good quality. You have to start with an image no less than 10% less than the actual size. Better to start with one that is bigger and size and crop down. Or just create one that is the actual size.

Your profile image (the small one) needs to be at least 185x185

queenvictoria
04-07-2012, 03:01 AM
I had the same problem adding up a cover photo on Facebook. What I did was resize the image and upload. Fortunately, the image did not end up blurred like what jamesray50 experienced. You just need a little patience, bro and some tips from the people behind Facebook or friends who understand this better that we both do.

StefanT
07-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Jo,
I know what you mean but I guess in the end it's just something you have to get used to. I now think it actually makes the pages a bit less boring and more dynamic. Just make sure you start off with a NEW cover image that is 851x315 and your profile pic is 180x180 so that you don't get blurred images that can make your site look less professional.

Elabusiness
07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Timeline now gives page managers the option to manually "sticky" a post to the very top of their Facebook Pages. It's a super-useful feature if you want to direct your massive Facebook audience to a particular destination based on a post you've made, but still want to update your page with successive posts in the meantime. The cover photo would be an addition tool to promote the image of your company. It shows some more about your services or what is your company's about.

HandyMarketer
08-02-2012, 02:30 PM
The new timeline offers great options if you know how to use it. Check this very detailed post by Pat Flynn on his blog to know how to create your header, simulate landing pages and more: Timeline for Facebook Pages: THE COMPLETE GUIDE (http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/timeline-facebook-pages-guide/)

AccountantSalary
08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I've been avoiding transferring to the new timeline because I prefer having all my statuses in one long list that I can scroll. Whether I like it or not is moot because we're all being moved there eventually.

J.Voelkel
09-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I have never been a big fan of Timeline. It does somewhat work for personal pages, however for business pages it makes them look unprofessional and makes it look like a mess. Maybe in the future it will be more streamlined and start to look more professional, but we can only hope.

dianecoleen
09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
That timeline actually gives me a lot of time whenever im loading my profile page. And I hate the way my post is positioned. Sometimes its being repositioned. I hope they can fix some sort of professional timeline that is appropriate for a business pages.

Matt121
10-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Timeline is a great change for me for Facebook, but I somehow agree with dianecoleen that it is somewhat inappropriate for business pages. They should come up with something that is cleaner looking. Honestly timeline for businesses is just way too cluttered for me.

angelajason06
11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I was facing some problem with time line this was always show the previous Stories when ever i load page. But its fixed now.

Wyatt
12-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi jamesray, i never like timeline and i am trying to remove it but all in vain.
But if you are facing problem of image size then i 'll suggest you, just install adobe photoshop and adjust image size. Create new page and add pixel which you need then paste this image and save it.