PDA

View Full Version : The obama movement....

mr.ro
11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
So as im starting to see a lot more obama merchandise being sold I wanted to know what are ya'lls thoughts on this. Do you think people are just milking this thing to get some extra money, or on the opposite side of things actually thinking about him and helping his change, like donating profits to charity or stuff in that nature

I ask this because I have been asked to sell stuff with his logo/face on stuff that I can make, and part of me has to think twice about this because I don't want to be seen as if I'm just milking it like all the others who are making items with his face on it.

KristineS
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I think it's a combination of things. His election made history and I think there are people who are trying to cash in on those who will want a memento of the event. Then there are people who truly believe in what he is working to do and want to have something that symbolizes that. There are also people who just see the merchandise is popular and they're selling it to make a buck.

I don't think any of those reasons is necessarily wrong.

cbscreative
11-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I think you should print his smiling face on a Kool-Aid pitcher and share the royalties with me if the idea catches on and really sells. :D

Evan
11-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I think you should print his smiling face on a Kool-Aid pitcher and share the royalties with me if the idea catches on and really sells. :D

*runs through brick wall* OH YEAH!!!!

Blessed
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd have to agree with Kristine - it was a little bit more of an historical event than normal presidential elections are and historical events always generate mementos to be sold!

KarenB
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
From a north-of-the-border perspective, I think there will be a lot of both happening, and I'm not sure you'll truly be able to differentiate your motives to the general public, no matter how much you try.

I was on Facebook today and got such a kick out of seeing his page.

Do I think this is really his personal page? No. Do I think this is a page that was created by his more than 3 million fans? Yes.

I ask this because I have been asked to sell stuff with his logo/face on stuff that I can make, and part of me has to think twice about this because I don't want to be seen as if I'm just milking it like all the others who are making items with his face on it.

I believe that if you truly believe in this man as the best leader for your country, then you should follow that conviction and promote him the best way you can.

If you don't, then don't do it.

At the end of the day, the only person you need to answer to is yourself. There will always be people who think that you are 'milking' this opportunity. I don't think you will ever be able to change that perception universally.

Karen

mr.ro
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
KristineS

yeah I think there are a lot of people who simply just want something to remember this time in history maybe something to give to their grandkids and what not.

cbscreative

no problem man if they catch on we can both cash out and go to maui and sip lemonade haha.

KarenB

im a supporter of him and what he stands for. and I also agree that no matter how much i try i cant change people views on why i would be selling his face on stuff. guess I have to do like he did and brush them off my shoulder.

Aaron Hats
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I can't wait for inauguration day...I hear he's going to walk on water. :eek:

Marcomguy
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
It's just good old American enterprise. Sell, baby, sell!

mr.ro
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
yeah I may just sell sell sell lol. this inauguration day is gonna be different since for the first time i think there is gonna be some hip hop acts performing gotta love this country.