PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Bound

Watchdog
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
OK, it seems fitting to see my level here is "Member With Stressed" :) so I'm going to fly out of Milwaukee about 5 in the morning and I'll be sitting on the beach on Los Angeles by Noon :)

I'll be back Monday....sometimes you just gotta get outta town. Anyone here from LA.

Evan
11-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Enjoy LA! I just spent this past weekend in Washington DC for a conference and really got to enjoy my time there. Toured the Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and also visited the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and White House. Lots of walking, but exciting for me.

Lots of things to do in LA. Be sure to eat only at the local places, there are so many good places there.

vangogh
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Enjoy the beach. I'm about to take a vacation myself on the opposite coast. Heading to New York on Thursday to visit family for Thanksgiving.

Watchdog
11-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Thanks...East coast is nice, been to the big apple a few times. Been to the DC as well..nice sites as well.

I'll check in over the weekend, but I'm pretty much going to veg.

I am hooking up woth my Biz partner to go over some programming :)

KristineS
11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Never been to L.A. We have a plant there, but they don't let me go. I get to stay here in snowy Michigan and write stuff.

Have fun in L.A. I hope it's warm and sunny for you.

Steve B
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Just don't inhale too much smoke.

Marcomguy
11-19-2008, 08:37 PM
In most of the touristy hotels, you can buy a replica Oscar statuette for $10-15.

That's one way to get an Oscar - and you don't have to work for it!

Watchdog
11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, I'm back..and I learned and found where all the freaks live :) On the Beach, Venice Beach to be exact :)

It was a great time, my trip was cut a day short (thanks to business, but no ones complaining) ...Venice beach is a great example of "free enterprise" - a real eye opener.

Watchdog
11-23-2008, 09:14 AM
In most of the touristy hotels, you can buy a replica Oscar statuette for $10-15.

That's one way to get an Oscar - and you don't have to work for it!

My business partner lives in Pasadena - No hotel services needed.