PDA

View Full Version : Critique my website's design?

bxlnt
03-24-2012, 03:15 AM
I designed and developed this website for my design business, and was wondering what you think of it?

Link: Beauxlent | Design by Zainab Aliyu (http://beauxlent.com/)

webconquest
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi,

The design is original and creative, as far as a business website trying to attract new customers you need to bring it up a notch or two. You should have a page about your portfolio, your creations, also some pictures and videos to make it more interesting to keep your visitor captivated. You should also install an opt-in form and offer some free gifts, incentives to make people give you their email address so you can market to them, list building with an auto responder.

Good luck,

John

Harold Mansfield
03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I designed and developed this website for my design business, and was wondering what you think of it?

Link: Beauxlent | Design by Zainab Aliyu (http://beauxlent.com/)

I think it looks nice. It's exactly what I would think a graphic designers website should/would look like.
If I had any critiques it would be that:

You don't have contact information immediately available on the home page. I'm a big fan of that. Especially if you keep regular business hours and answer the phone.
Also, I may come up with a more dynamic way of displaying your work. Something that is easier to view like a slideshow feature. Not the long pages that have to be scrolled down.

My last thing, and it may be just personal to me, is that the font color is too light. The larger fonts are OK, but the font colors with the most important information, are kind of light.
Yes, I know it's stylish and all, but you really have to consider EVERYBODY and every device and viewing situation. Font colors that light are great if I'm sitting at my desk, viewing it on a good monitor, but I can't imagine it being comfortable for anyone else viewing it on any other thing.

For me, font colors are not the time to get cute and stylish when you are trying to get people to hire you. You want to make SURE that they can see your information easily, and quickly.
I'm not saying it has to be black, but I'd go up a notch.

JMO of course.