PDA

View Full Version : Googles 10 steps

orion_joel
11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey,

Has anyone seen, or heard anything about the marketing site google has developed called 10 Steps to promote your business online (http://www.10steps.com.au/). I found it the other day when i was doing a little reading somewhere and took a look at it.

I think the basic concept is that it is suppose to help you write a marketing plan for your business online going through the 10 step process. However i also have a funny feeling google adwords will play a big role in that plan. I have no had time to look to hard at it, but wondering what everyone thinks, is it likely to provide a good help in marketing online planning or just be another cookie cutter idea, that does not solve any of the real problems.

vangogh
11-17-2008, 02:05 AM
This is the first I've heard of it. Looking at the 10 steps in in the general plan steps 4-10 all have to do specifically with AdWords. I suspect the site is more a way for Google to promote AdWords than it is to help you create marketing plan. It might still have good advice though.

Watchdog
11-17-2008, 06:23 AM
What's interesting here is the domain name? why the .au and not 10steps.google.

10 Steps to Promote Your Business Online (http://www.10steps.com.au/)

billbenson
11-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Probably because Joel is in Australia and Google tries to give regional results.

orion_joel
11-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Actually Watchdog brings up an interesting point, i have only been able to find this program on a .com.au domain, and it is also available at 10searchmarketingsteps.com.au.

Maybe it is something that has been launched more so by Google Australia, then Google as a whole. Maybe as a pilot and then will be launched to other markets later on.

vangogh
11-18-2008, 02:01 AM
It could be that Australia is the test market and the rest of us will see the same thing on a local domain near us soon. Might just be something they determined would well work down under where in other areas they're trying something else.

It is interesting though to only see the domain on the .au Google.

orion_joel
11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I know another thing that i am seeing a lot with adwords i think it is that google is pushing the localized searching for Australia, i would assume that they are doing the same else where as well, however i think they are probably just really look for whatever ways they can to get the idea of using adwords in front of people likely to use it.

vangogh
11-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Maybe Australia isn't using AdWords as much as other countries and so Google is putting more into advertising there.