PDA

View Full Version : Point of sale systems

Waterdawg19
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Hello,

My my wife and I are starting a women's boutique for her. The boutique will sell women's clothing/accessories, and some baby clothing and accessories.
We have been approved for the store front and we are currently reviewing the lease.

I am looking at different POS systems and was wondering what people recommend? we would like something that would track inventory, and have ease of functionality. we will be using quick books likely too.

Thanks

KristineS
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
This is the POS system (http://keyhut.com/pos.htm) we use for trade shows. It's DOS based and isn't for everyone, but it is a free download and it has worked quite well for us and we've done a good amount of sales with it. The system does keep inventory, as far as I know. Might be worth looking at anyway.

MyITGuy
03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
I currently use Quickbooks POS, but I dislike the fact that I have to use their merchant account and can't customize the pin pads with my information...but other than that it has been good.

I will be developing my own here shortly to tie into my existing CRM/Support System.

Harold Mansfield
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
My real job experience has been limited to mostly hospitality, where there are 100's of products including merchandize and Micros by far is the best System that I have ever seen. And I used it off and on for over 20 years.

But it is expensive in comparison. And many of those were larger operations, some with multiple locations.

I once knew someone that used Dell's system for their store a while back and they never said anything bad about it. I also see it quite a bit in small businesses.
I know that's not a glowing recommendation, but it may be worth checking out:
Retail Point of Sale Software, Systems & Cash Registers | Dell (http://www.dell.com/business/point-of-sale-solutions)

sjang87
04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
We have a system called MultiFlex RMS Fashion, that is specifically targeted towards fashion retailers for small to large businesses. The MultiFlex RMS Fashion would be excellent to track inventory, sales reports, and you can also do your marketing on it too. It's very easy to simple and easy to use. You can check out our website at mhsystems.com or give message me for more info.

Squenz
08-16-2012, 08:51 AM
I've used Quickbooks POS for about 4 years and am sick of it! It gives me conflicting reports and is not customizable.
I am currently trying to decide between Checkout and Shopkeep. Both are designed for Mac. Shopkeep is web-based.