PDA

View Full Version : my new vehicle wrap- opinions?

huggytree
03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/100_0433.jpghttp://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/100_0432.jpg

here's 2 photo's of my new van wrap

i am looking for opinions of my back door...i am trying something new....im advertising for (2) specific products i sell...i tried to keep it very basic...the back door only costs $800, so to redo it yearly to experiment with different idea's is do-able

i am happy with all of it overall...the background came out too light....its very hard to tell from a photo they e-mailed me....in their photo it looked much darker.....from far away its hard to even see it has a background...i paid $2,600 for the sides of the van...i probably should have skipped the wrap on the sides and just got the stickers...i could have saved $1,000+

opinions neg and pos......i dont insult very easily and im always looking for honest opinions...not just the positive ones

Harold Mansfield
03-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Looks nice! I think advertising specific products and services is a good thing. It's a shot at connecting and getting people to agree and nod their heads. You certainly have the real estate.
You can almost picture some poor sap in the car with his wife while driving behind you getting an earful, "When are you going to get our water heater fixed?".

I like it.

Steve B
03-07-2012, 04:45 AM
I like it. I agree you could have saved a bunch of money without the background. The vinyl will not hold up as well as paint when you drive through those tree branches.

I think the back door is a good idea and the ability to change is going to be good.

henryz
03-07-2012, 11:03 AM
It looks very attractive. I really like the background, very professional. 2 thumbs up for this one.

huggytree
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
my wife told me having a wrap w/ a background says 'im successful'....she said i have to do it

the tree branches scuffed of my last sticker too, but didnt do any real damage...the background will help 'hide' some of the scratches.....im also being extra aware of tree's in driveways and choosing to walk a bit more to save the side of my van...1.5 weeks and no scratches yet

Dan Furman
03-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Love it, Huggy.

I love the products on the back, too.

KristineS
03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Looks good to me. The only thing I might suggest is a little brighter colors in the background on the next one. Wraps catch people's eye, but I've seen some that were done in more primary colors and they're a bit more eye catching. It's a minor thing, but anything that gives it that little extra bit of eye appeal could help. The yellow lettering definitely stands out, so that will help catch people's attention.

huggytree
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM
the background was supposed to be darker

its impossible to judge from a e-mailed file....my printer made it look medium blue....and what i got was more aqua color and about 33-50% lighter....once its on the van what am i supposed to do.....from far away the van looks like a white background....close up it looks nice though....i should have made an extra trip to the designer and made him print me a sample....they were far away, so it was an inconvenience

if i get the back redone in a year or two ill make the background 2x darker

when i designed my company logo and colors years ago i chose basic colors that really stand out...i had a Yellow Chevy Avalanche and got tons of comments and looks...i know Yellow stands out the best .....

queenvictoria
04-07-2012, 02:54 AM
That already looks great. But with new ideas you just mentioned, Huggytree, I am certain that this can still be improved. Good luck!

cbscreative
04-09-2012, 01:17 PM
An uncluttered design is always a good thing. The only problem I see with this is motorists having to tip their head sideways to read the back door. :)

J.Voelkel
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
You may feel that it is hard to see from far away that there is a background, however it still catches the eye and this will cause people to read the side of your truck. I like the advertising on the backdoor of the truck. And I feel that it is worth it every year or so to change the back vinyl, keeps it fresh.