PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Post on Your Business Facebook Page

KristineS
02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I've been experimenting a little with the Facebook page for the business for which I work. I'm posting a mix of helpful stuff, links to blog posts, webinars etc., information about our products and fun stuff that allows our customers to get to know us a bit better. Last week, for instance, we had a day when it snowed pretty hard. I took my phone outside and took a short video of the snow and posted that on the company page. The same day I posted links to a webinar, links to a blog post and a couple of general notes about some trade shows we're doing in March. The mix seems to be working. We're getting more comments and likes.

For those of you who have business Facebook pages, what do you post?

vangogh
02-14-2012, 12:16 AM
At the moment I post nothing on my Facebook page, because I haven't set one up for my business. When I do finally set one up I would post excerpts from my blog, though I'd keep the full post on my site. I'd respond to comments and I'd set up some basic info pages. Outside of that I'm not sure what I'd really add. Mainly I'd want to use the page to connect with people who prefer to interact on Facebook and to have some space on Facebook to attract people to, though ultimately my page would be trying to get people back to my site.

KristineS
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Actually, Facebook can be a really good referrer, although it probably works better with some industries and products than others. Because a lot of EnMart's customers are already on Facebook, it made sense to have a company page and it's gotten a good response. We use it mostly as an information portal. Customers and potential customers can ask questions, we promo new items and talk about EnMart happenings and stuff like that. The ultimate goal is to get people to our site and purchasing product, but it also works as a brand recognition device.

vangogh
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I have no question Facebook can be a great referrer and would be good for my business. I don't think I questioned that above. Just haven't set up a business page yet. Sounds like the way you're using the page is the way I'd use it too. Mostly to present information and then to interact with anyone who follows me and wants to connect through Facebook.

I completely agree that it can work as a brand recognition device. To me it's yet one more channel through which we can reach people.

KristineS
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I think the best part of using Facebook has been the ability to connect directly with customers. We do that on the blogs as well, but people seem more comfortable commenting on Facebook. We've also gotten some great market research off the company page. It's wonderful when you can ask a question about something you're considering doing and people will come to the page, of their own free will, and tell you whether or not you should.

vangogh
02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah I think it's only natural people are more willing to comment on Facebook since it's what they do on the site all the time. Makes sense you can connect better with them there. Good point about the market research, though I would suggest weighing what your customers say against what you think about your business. What people say they want and what they really want aren't necessarily the same thing.

KristineS
02-15-2012, 03:40 PM
True, and we don't make that the only factor that has weight when we make a decision. I'm also aware that we're only seeing a small sample of opinion and our customers. It is nice to have that input though.

vangogh
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
True and I figured you weren't giving the responses 100% weight in your decision.

Another thought about what to add to the page. There are probably some 3rd party applications that could work well. For example earlier today I was reading about the Pinterest Facebook Timeline app and how using it has led to 60% increase in traffic to Pinterest. I think that's for the entire site, but I'd assume your Facebook fans are visiting your Pinterest profile. Here's the article (http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/as_pinterests_facebook_app_blows_up_even_zuck_join .php).

KristineS
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Cool, I hadn't heard about the Pinterest Facebook apps yet. Thanks for sharing the article.

I think it's all become kind of a round robin sort of thing. You Tweet something which leads to your Facbeook page which leads to a pin on Pinterest, which leads to a blog post and so on. I prefer that to the people who post the same thing on multiple platforms. That drives me nuts. If I follow you in more than one place, which I do with a number of people, I don't want to see repeats of the same content. Shape the content to the platform.

vangogh
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
It looks like the app has been out for about a month. According to the article at least. I only know through the article.

I see more and more social sites connecting to each other. A lot are now requiring you to have an account with one of the big ones, usually Facebook or Twitter, but even Google+ at times. I don't care when sites require it, like Pinterest does. I think giving the option to connect them is great, but requiring the connection has kept me away from joining some sites. I don't necessarily want to share my interests in one place with all the people I'm connected to in another. I don't think it's how any of us form connections offline and I don't think it's how we should be forced to connect online either.

KristineS
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I think the reason behind the forced connection thing is that they're banking on one profile reinforcing or promoting the other. I'm with you, I don't like being forced to connect on one site with another site's profile.

greenoak
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
i mostly post about what just came in....and i try to have a LOT of pictures on...they really seem to care about our inventory.....nice response always comes when i post cute victorian pictures with non selling messages.... sincerely asking a question gets nice response too... recently i showed a picture of a new color and ask what should we call it....
i hear a bout facebook and pinterest in the store every day.... its really been great for us...we are over 2200 fans now...and lots and lots of results ....we area having a big event this weekend so im posting a lot about it this week...

KristineS
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Pinterest would be ideal for your shop Ann. I see lots of home decor and home wish list boards there. Your pictures could get repinned a lot.

greenoak
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
its been great f or us ...we sell all kinds of stuff for THEIR PROJECTS,.. pinterest and faceboook have been so good for us....i think we got a huge inquiry today from one of my followers on pinterest....i dont put prices on but i do post our website with our pictures....

brocktoon93
03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I post some random thoughts or quotes on my Facebook page, along with some jokes occasionally, and some links to new articles about stuff in my niche and a few posts directing people to my website. The wide range of types of posts help get me good traffic...

vangogh
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a good mix of things to post.

Elabusiness
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree with KristineS opinion and believe it is about many other peoples opinion too. What a person who has several social media on they would take care of what to post in each media. Pinterest would be nice to have reference of your taste, it builds reference of what you really think is interesting, its about being creative and as the same time attractive. The twitter would help you to upload a new from your company that might be interesting for your audience and them bring it to further information about the post on your Facebook page or website. So basically every Social Media helps to improve the others with different adds of the same source accordingly with the media.

vangogh
08-01-2012, 12:26 AM
every Social Media helps to improve the others

Good point. I think all these sites just mimic real physical life. With some people you only know them through one thing. For example I play softball every week and there I people I only know and see through softball. That might be like knowing someone on one social site. Then there are other people who know because we play softball and also go to movies together and maybe get together for a bite to eat. I know those people more in part because I spend more time with them and in part because I get to see them in different environments. That's like the people you interact with on several social sites. You see their tastes on Pinterest and learn about their career on LinkedIn and see them more relaxed with their friends on Facebook.

Wyatt
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Usually i like post quotes and other beneficial info.
I have make a fan page also at facebook to promote my business. I upload status with new stuff. I think its really interesting and cheapest way to promote your business.

HireLogoDesign
12-09-2012, 03:16 AM
I've struggled with this myself. I also do some quick status updates which have shown little success, but my struggle is that its not nearly like twitter. Using twitter I've found an open mind to follow is generally widely accepted. It seems as there is more interest there more so than what you would find within a much more personal setting such as facebook. I know of no other way to acquire a following using facebook.

KristineS
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
So, you've found Twitter to be more useful? It's interesting how it differs from user to user. I've found Facebook has been our most fertile ground for finding and connecting with new customers. We've had a nice amount of success with Facebook and not a whole lot with Twitter.

NikoBrew
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I sell hops to homebrewers, homebrew shops, and breweries. My Facebook is full of me drinking beer at craft breweries, promotions, and silly games like "Guess what I'm drinking" with a picture of my full glass. It ends up being a relatively intoxicated 20 questions that results in some lucky fan some free hops and a hat. I'll usually offer the winner a one-time discount and free shipping to purchase hops in addition to what I send them for free, since I'm already picking up the shipping cost. To this day my favorite game is "Guess what's in this bag".. I was doing inventory on our apparel (hats, tee shirts, etc) and had a big black trash bag full of hats and got the idea to take a picture and post in my FB and have folks guess. I like my job :)

In general, I like to make posts that are interactive and engaging. From links to news articles about craft brewing and homebrewing (along with a few words to try to get people talking about the article), to asking folks what their favorite beer or hop variety is, to those dumb games I like to post. I feel that every post should have a specific purpose. Sometimes I go to hop farms and I love taking pictures at them and posting them on FB. I think if you sell a product, any time that you can show pictures of the process of the birth of your product all the way to the hands of your customers, it's a win. When we have big sales and get an influx of orders I like to post pictures of piles of orders about to ship, or a pile of bags of hops that were just sealed up.

We do not have a retail location and most of our orders come through our website. I deliver hops to several local breweries and homebrew shops but everything else is shipped. I know that makes it a bit different than companies with a store front or a business that sales service rather than products, though I think the core concepts of FB posts remain the same.

KristineS
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Engaging people is the key with Facebook. I play a game when we add new products where I put hints on the Facebook page, either verbal or photos and then have people guess what new product is being added. People really get into playing and we always get some wild guesses.

I think making your Facebook page fun and interesting is the main thing. Also, relevant to whatever your product or service is. Sounds like you're doing a good job with that NikoBrew.

dianecoleen
12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
As per our Facebook page, I do post an excerpt from our blogs, some news from a credible site and some quotations relating to our field. I always make sure that our post is in a professional but interesting way. I haven't tried posting some contest on it though as we haven't come up with a good idea on how we will imply the contest to our legal services. It's a good thing that most of you are into product marketing, and it doesn't give you a burden on how you will market your products out online. Although I don't say that selling services is a burden to me.

I would like to know some thoughts in here on how you manage your Facebook page when it comes to marketing your services? Does it really differ from product marketing? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hanabeecreative
12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello! I forgot I signed up on this forum a long while ago and never utilized it.

I saw this post and I thought I'd chime in. The thing that's great about facebook/twitter is that it gives your business the opportunity really showcase your brand. With that said, one thing that's effective is really allowing your brand's 'personality' to come through. While showcasing products or posting some helpful tips about your services is really great, you should also consider posting things that your demo target group can relate to that is completely unrelated to your business. A funny photo that can relate to your industry perhaps. If you sold folders and paper products, the probably are office folk. An example is to share/post a funny photo about a cat who goes to the office in a suit and is upset about it being Monday. (Something much funnier I suppose, but work with me here) with a status that's engaging: "Anyone else feel this way today?" Multiple likes will ensue. Hopefully.

It doesn't have to be all serious and business-y. People don't want to be sold to all the time, but if you post something that's relatable, your brand name/avatar will pop up on their timeline and your cat picture could be all the rage. If people like it, then it could end up on one of their friends timelines. "Cindy Coolperson likes a post". Of course I would avoid anything politically sensitive or controversial.. unless your into that sorta thing.

vangogh
12-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Funny. We're glad you finally remembered and joined in on the conversation.

you should also consider posting things that your demo target group can relate to that is completely unrelated to your business.

Great point and one I think a lot of people miss. You don't always have to be or want to be hawking products and services. Odds are the group of people interested in you and what you have to offer also have other interests. Share those other interests. If you do it'll only make people feel like they know you more and feel like they can trust you more to share stuff they like.

KristineS
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Hello! I forgot I signed up on this forum a long while ago and never utilized it.

I saw this post and I thought I'd chime in. The thing that's great about facebook/twitter is that it gives your business the opportunity really showcase your brand. With that said, one thing that's effective is really allowing your brand's 'personality' to come through. While showcasing products or posting some helpful tips about your services is really great, you should also consider posting things that your demo target group can relate to that is completely unrelated to your business. A funny photo that can relate to your industry perhaps. If you sold folders and paper products, the probably are office folk. An example is to share/post a funny photo about a cat who goes to the office in a suit and is upset about it being Monday. (Something much funnier I suppose, but work with me here) with a status that's engaging: "Anyone else feel this way today?" Multiple likes will ensue. Hopefully.

It doesn't have to be all serious and business-y. People don't want to be sold to all the time, but if you post something that's relatable, your brand name/avatar will pop up on their timeline and your cat picture could be all the rage. If people like it, then it could end up on one of their friends timelines. "Cindy Coolperson likes a post". Of course I would avoid anything politically sensitive or controversial.. unless your into that sorta thing.

Have to agree with this. All the successful business pages that I know of are a mixture of promoting the business and just talking about life in the office or what's happening around the company. You have to have a sense of humor and you have to build connections with those who visit the page. If you're constantly selling and doing nothing else, you won't get far. I see so many people who start business pages on Facebook expecting great success and then don't understand why nothing happens when all they're doing on their page is selling, selling, selling.

hanabeecreative
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Funny. We're glad you finally remembered and joined in on the conversation.

Great point and one I think a lot of people miss. You don't always have to be or want to be hawking products and services. Odds are the group of people interested in you and what you have to offer also have other interests. Share those other interests. If you do it'll only make people feel like they know you more and feel like they can trust you more to share stuff they like.

Exactly. Too much hawking is annoying and will get a 'hide' for sure.

Yes! I was looking for a small business forum and tried signing up again.. Oops! It's on my bookmark toolbar, so it's official now. :) I love all stuff marketing. I'm a little bit of a nerd. I start to write a blog post and then get distracted. Back and forth is much better for me right now! Nice to meet all of you!

vangogh
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
At least you figured out you had already registered. I've done the same thing with other sites at times and it took me far to long to realize I'd already signed up. :)a

hanabeecreative
12-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Haha. I didn't give up this time. :cool:

tallen
12-27-2012, 04:09 PM
We post a lot of scenic photos on our Facebook page, since the view is one of the main selling points of our waterfront vacation cottages. Even if we're mainly aiming to post some sort of textual information (aka a status update), we'll try to find a good photo to go with it. People like to see what kinds of projects we're up to during the off-season as well, documented with photos of course!

Early attempts at "selling" went over like a lead balloon, so we try to avoid that now although we will post announcements of the rare special discount offer if we have an opening to fill (attached to a photo, of course!).

KristineS
12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Photos really do help your status posts show up better, don't they? I've done tests where I've run a status without a photo and then run a very similar status with a photo. The status that has the photo always gets more response. Guess photos just pull people's attention more.

vangogh
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Early attempts at "selling" went over like a lead balloon, so we try to avoid that now although we will post announcements of the rare special discount offer if we have an opening to fill (attached to a photo, of course!).

There's nothing wrong with the occasional selling. Where people have issue is when they're always being sold to. Probably why the early attempts didn't go over well There wasn't enough non-selling to balance it out. Not that you are providing the non-selling content, a little selling mixed in shouldn't be a problem.

daddiomedia
02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Questions or anything that gets conversations started. For ex: Take the snow video and ask, "How much has it snowed where you live" and see how many replies you get. Next time ask a business related question. Good luck.

Harold Mansfield
02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Social Media, especially Facebook is getting littered with what is basically chain letters. Funny pictures or social statment memes that only serve to beg for likes or shares just for nothing more than to get numbers.
I'm even seeing "companies" pop up that propose to do this. Get engagement, but not in a way that has anything to do with your business.

I say stay steady with your core demographic. You may not get 1000's of fans, but what good are they if they are only there for your funny pictures and care nothing about your company or product?

I'd rather have 140 interested followers, than 10,000 that completely ignore me unless I post "Like this if you support the troops" or the obligatory "It's Friday, what's everyone doing this weekend?" . I HATE those 3rd grade level posts. And I hate it when I follow a tech or other company because I'm interested in what they have to say about the industry or their product and they resort to those kinds of postings just for the numbers of shares and likes.

Not only that, but I'm convinced that most of the human interest or "heartwarming" stories that always seem to have some convenient image of the story that tugs your heart and makes people share are made up. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

Basically, to be honest, I think a lot of people have mastered the art of sending chain letters on Facebook and the populous just hasn't caught on yet.

KristineS
02-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I hate those people who are just trolling for likes. The latest one that's been annoying me lately is the photo of the sad puppy or little kid and underneath it the caption "I bet I won't even get one like". So annoying and so pointless.

I'm also loathe the whole statement photos where someone is talking about religion or some political issue or something and the end of the post is something about "I bet 99% of you won't post this but I know (the true believers or the good people or whatever) will". Even if I were inclined to inflict crap like that on EnMart's fans and followers I wouldn't simply because of the principle of the thing.

MasBro
06-11-2013, 05:33 PM
A Facebook page about your business will not be effective for many business. Who wants to Like and Share a Plumbers Page? Who cares about the latest developments in HVAC systems? My mortgage broker constantly posts the latest interest rate updates. Not interested. You need to find an angle that people care about and still relate it to your business. The HVAC contractor should have a page about energy savings or better yet, the environment. The plumber shold find a local cause that he/she can support. Who knows about the mortgage broker - community events?

Find a topic that will create dialogue and interaction; give-aways to promote shares, contests...

patrickprecisione
06-12-2013, 09:07 AM
A Facebook page about your business will not be effective for many business. Who wants to Like and Share a Plumbers Page? Who cares about the latest developments in HVAC systems? My mortgage broker constantly posts the latest interest rate updates. Not interested. You need to find an angle that people care about and still relate it to your business. The HVAC contractor should have a page about energy savings or better yet, the environment.
Find a topic that will create dialogue and interaction; give-aways to promote shares, contests...

I would also add that if you only work within a specific geographic location, don't be afraid to go local with your posts. Odds are that your customers (and potential customers) would like to see things about a local sports team or news that affects them, and in someway relates to your business.

greenoak
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
hi Kristine....im still on facebook and happy..our business is on the happy side of life...women and shopping and their house... so facebook has been great......I post about 2 times a day...mostly pictures of interesting inventory....easy for us because ours changes a lot...also put cute customers on and their cute dogs... and lots of albums focusing on a single idea or section of the store..i like variety but I keep it mainly focused on the store and whats going on there.....I don't send them to another place very often.... right now im trying instagram videos.... have you tried them yet? I chose instagram over vine....maybe wrong...
I never ask for likes or put any sentimental stuff... I do a little personal...showing my son or dh once in a while...or our workers...

Online-Marketing-Guru
07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Posting relevant content that appeals to your audience is the best starting point. If you don't know, you should find out what resonates with your audience and post a lot of it. Visually appealing complimentary images are great attention getters. I have one client who faithfully posts very visually appealing images everyday that pertain the things his audience is really interested in. It's not uncommon that he'll get 200 - 600 likes on his daily image posts.

easysites
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM
A good way to draw people in to your page is through pictures. Pictures carry more weight on the Facebook newsfeed so it betters your chances that people will see them. However, I DO NOT sell anything with these pictures. People are on Facebook to enjoy themselves and socialize, not be sold things.

So, on my pictures I post something related to my business with a caption and a fill in the blank to entice users to comment. When more users comment, their activity shows up on their newsfeeds as well and even more people see my post. This would be referred to as viral traffic. For example, if I sell dog food (first thing that popped into my head), I would post a picture of a cute puppy eating dog food and put text over the top of the picture saying "I'm so hungry I could eat a ________". Then, people can't resist commenting and driving more traffic to your web page.

dianecoleen
07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
A good way to draw people in to your page is through pictures. Pictures carry more weight on the Facebook newsfeed so it betters your chances that people will see them.

For example, if I sell dog food (first thing that popped into my head), I would post a picture of a cute puppy eating dog food and put text over the top of the picture saying "I'm so hungry I could eat a ________". Then, people can't resist commenting and driving more traffic to your web page.

I couldn't agree more on that. I don't think that a status that is just full of text will get more likes than an image that is full of meaning. Although, we have to make sure that we are posting relevant image to the business so that our subscriber still can relate to what does the main purpose of that post. We may perhaps entertain them once in a while, but don't forget that you are doing the social media thing to introduce to them new products, services and other promotions of the business.

allan000
07-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Your strategy is already good actually. Its good to provide a mix of content on your posts and experiment from time to time. The choices and preference of people do evolve so what could work today may not do as much good in the future.. So don't forget to experiment as well :)

vangogh
07-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Its good to provide a mix of content on your posts and experiment from time to time.

I think experimenting is important, not just for Facebook, but most of the things we do in business. Maybe experimenting isn't the exact word I'd use. I'd probably say to keep trying different things and see how they work. I think we all forget at times that what works today won't necessarily work tomorrow and you can sit back and just do what you've always done. Plus in trying different things you'll discover new avenues for success.

KristineS
07-10-2013, 11:24 AM
The main thing to remember when you're trying new ideas or experimenting or whatever you want to call it is that you've got to track your results. You won't know if idea A works better than idea B if you don't have records of how both ideas performed.

Khalifa
07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, we try to keep it professional and entertaining at the same time. We're a web design / internet marketing company and below are some of the things we post to our page:

Web design work samples
Important updates about the company
Seminars
Interesting videos related to the industry
Relevant fun pictures/videos
SEO/PPC posts from different websites

vangogh
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Well, we try to keep it professional and entertaining at the same time.

Seems like the best approach. The entertaining part probably attracts more people, while the professional part reminds them of your business.

PayForWords
07-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Seems like the best approach. The entertaining part probably attracts more people, while the professional part reminds them of your business.

I'll second that! Draw them in with something catchy but keep them there with a good service.

shadojake
09-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I have a fb page dedicated to my coaster business. I do not post anything about my personal life there. What I do post is stuff related to what is going on with my business such as upcoming craft shows, photos of some of my work, announcements about new blog entries (with a link), contests, etc.

LGCG
09-25-2013, 01:32 PM
I have a fb page dedicated to my coaster business. I do not post anything about my personal life there. What I do post is stuff related to what is going on with my business such as upcoming craft shows, photos of some of my work, announcements about new blog entries (with a link), contests, etc.

That's all great stuff, but I wonder if maybe you should mix it up a bit and share some non promotional stuff? Maybe some links to articles that would be informative to your audience, or funny images that would appeal to them.

Patrysha
09-25-2013, 01:45 PM

If you're not getting the results you're looking for (you didn't say so maybe what you're doing is working and you don't have to change a thing) what you might want to consider is adding a little personality. While you don't have to get personal, you may find that engagement increases when you share more than just business. Throw a bit of your personality in and share things that interest you (that would interest your readers/followers/fans too)...if it's all about you, there is no room for them. Ask questions, share opinions (they don't have to be charged opinions...do you think this is better in green or blue is an opinion, kwim?).

OlegLola
09-30-2013, 06:57 AM
That's all great stuff, but I wonder if maybe you should mix it up a bit and share some non promotional stuff? Maybe some links to articles that would be informative to your audience, or funny images that would appeal to them.

I guess that the best variant. No one wants to receive spammy messages all the time, but posting non-promotional information is not profitable for us. So the best way is to mix everything. For example, on our page we give the links not only to our website, but also to some famous resources which can be interesting to our readers.

LGCG
10-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I guess that the best variant. No one wants to receive spammy messages all the time, but posting non-promotional information is not profitable for us. So the best way is to mix everything. For example, on our page we give the links not only to our website, but also to some famous resources which can be interesting to our readers.

Experts say that it should be a 70-30 split, the 70 being entertaining, informative content and the 30 being promotional. The exact split might be different for you but I imagine if you're doing almost all promotional stuff it will be tough to build an audience.

Michael Fied
10-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I manage loads of business pages not only for my own ventures but for a handful of clients. Kep in mind videos & pictures get much more engagement & attention rather then just status updates of text. With all of your competitors on facebook / twitter you really have to think outside of the box to attract a fresh audience. You want to make sure you have a professional & eye catching cover image. Post facts, statistics, quotes, products, business information, contact info, client testimonials etc on your page. Take it a step further and find someone who can do graphics for you and put that content in a nice image to gain some good viral content while in the mean time your boosting your brand awareness and page authority. If you need any assistance in finding a designer or helping you expand your business page. Send me a private message I would love to assist you.

- Michael Fied

ryantc
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
There are a lot of items you can add to your business Facebook page. Here are a few examples you may look into further and see if they would work for your business / market / clients. Posting "Call-To-Action" Graphic, embedding YouTube videos, sharing Product images, are only a few to name.

Core List
11-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I think you need to tailor your posts and even the social networks you use to what your target audience is and how they interact with you and your business. What works for one business may not work for another if they have different target markets.
For example a brand or fashion website would probably put their latest items up, tips on using their products or even sell their products and promote them via facebook.
I have another business in Australia that sells hotel supplies, our customers are businesses, so they interact differently than consumers based customers. For this reason I use Linkedin as well, as when people are on Linkedin, I think they have their business hat on, when they are on facebook, they have more their consumer hat on. It pays to distinguish your market.
For Core List, I don't promote our products too much on the social networks (I use Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook via Hootsuite) but what I do is post informative articles or links that will help businesses, mostly on topics I know about and find interesting. I often post the links to replies I have made on this forum if I think they will be useful to my customers.
Here is a link to our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/corelist), LinkedIn (http://au.linkedin.com/pub/core-list/72/ba/4), Twitter (https://twitter.com/CoreList1)pages to give you and idea.

Regards
John

Romance
11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm on your side of the FB I put mostly new, which customers really like to and are waiting. most often I combine it with some small contest where the prize is such discount on additional purchases or little gadget add to the order

NZBSS
01-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Greetings, I send new business who subscribe to my blog to my fb page with a small introduction & link to their sites/pages. I like to mix as well, but mainly use my fb page to talk about small business who has joined my site. I don't like for like, if you like know what i mean ;) I use a small budget to "target my audience" and promote my fb business fan page, and it's starting to pay off. Finding more natural /relevant likes as business join and share on their timelines. I think fb business page is a great tool, and very underused / misunderstood by small business.

KristineS
01-20-2014, 12:45 PM
I think fb business page is a great tool, and very underused / misunderstood by small business.

Have to agree with you on that. Most business owners don't understand what their profile should include and what it shouldn't include. Many neglect to even check if their target market is on Facebook. Or they simply bleat out the same sales message over and over and over and wonder why everyone stops listening. It's frustrating to watch.