PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Canada

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi everybody, I am new here - KristineS orders (Lol) – let me get started with a brief introduction so you all know who you’re dealing with.

I am in the middle of a transition period to become a professional hunter. The job involves writing magazine articles, giving seminars at hunting and outdoor trade show among other events.

As KristineS will tell you, it’s a though business, but then again what business is not though to keep the head above water and be the center of the clients attention.

I am originally from Switzerland where I was born and raised, as an adult I moved to America due to a job offer in my previous profession. A few years later I met my Canadian wife and that is how I ended up on the most beautiful place on earth, British Columbia, Canada. I should know because I traveled extensively around the world for the past 30+ years working and living in over 50 countries. The highlights of my traveling time where Russia and China. These countries are nothing like what we are told in the media.

I came here in the hope to pick up much needed tips on small business management and hopefully will be able to give a few tips on business promotion.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the forum huntwriter. As soon as I saw your username I knew you came via Kristine's doing. You might remember, but I wrote a series of posts about blogging on OBS a few months back.

Glad to have you join us even if you were just following orders. Enjoy your stay.

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome and yes I do remember your posts on the OBS blog.

As a founding member of the Outdoor Blogger Summit (OBS) this gives me the opportunity to thank you for the splendid job you did with your advice.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Glad I could help. I still have one more post I was going to write that I've made notes for, but haven't been able to finish writing. Hopefully I'll find time to finish it and send it off to OBS.

cbscreative
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the SBF, and we do look forward to getting to know you better and sharing experiences in both directions.

KristineS
08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Well, it's lovely to know that someone follows my orders. :D

I'm so glad to see you here and I hope you stop by often. I think you can learn a lot here and give a lot of advice as well.

Coach Morse
08-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Welcome to SBF Othmar!

Paul Elliott
08-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, it's lovely to know that someone follows my orders. :D

Kristine, having grown up in the South (of the US) I learned there is always one right answer to any lady's question . . . or demand -- "Yes, Ma'am." My mama taught me well!

Paul <organizing an Othmar Wave>