PDA

View Full Version : Watchdog here

Watchdog
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi, my real name is Bud...I have a couple of online web sites, one is my bread winner and the other one is my next bread winner for small business and consumers :) I'm here to give and take, share real experiences that have both helped me or hurt me.

Steve B
11-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Welcome Bud. I'd love to know more about your websites. You should put a link to them in your signature.

Watchdog
11-10-2008, 05:27 AM
My newest venture includes two web sites tied into one - ShopPass.com and MyShopPass.com

In a nutshell, we're going to license the ShopPass brand / name to "interested" Ad / marketing businesses that want to promote local businesses near them. I have one for Wisconsin, which is already too big to get the "hand Shake" type of clients we want to do businesses with - So we want to break it down to areas such as ShopPass Chicago, ShopPass NY, etc.

The services we want offered copywrite, graphics, coupon design and video ads. We want the sites in general to offer a free listing to area businesses. and upsell the services.

The details are not completed, but this is were we're heading for this next few months. The advantage here is that "licensed company" knows their area demographics and the earning potential is all what they do with it.

You as a business owner can decide to list your business for free, create coupons etc - our focus will be for the businesses that need help doing things such as coupon design. The ShopPass site also has a coupon creator for those that just wanta plain text coupon..this coupon expires and is auto deleted from the site when it reaches the date you set or deleted from the site whenever you decide to delete for what ever reason...tied into MyShopPass the consumer can save coupons (actual) to their MyShopPass account - when you delete the coupon or it expires, they keep a coupon image letting them know it's no longer available - but we include a link back to your listing to let them check for more deals or specials.

You can test this out by choosing a coupon from our wisconsin coupons..(I need to fix a java error) so you might have to create a MyShopPass account first...it's a work in progress :)

Blessed
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
welcome to the forum!

My real name is Jenn :)

vangogh
11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums Bud. I'm Steve by the way. Sounds like an interesting business plan. It'll be interesting to watch you develop it and your site over the next few months. Hopefully we can help where we can.

Thanks for joining the community.

XACconsultant
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Welcome and best of luck to you!

KristineS
11-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Bud!

Watchdog
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the forums Bud. I'm Steve by the way. Sounds like an interesting business plan. It'll be interesting to watch you develop it and your site over the next few months. Hopefully we can help where we can.

Thanks for joining the community.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

That's why I joined up..many minds to pick from. I have been to other forums with just no participation and I joined the .com forum like this (ha, it's how I found this one) and it never worked, I could login but couldn't post. I'm glad I found this site.

Watchdog
11-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Bud!

Thanks KristineS.

Watchdog
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
welcome to the forum!

My real name is Jenn :)

Thanks and Hi Jenn :)

vangogh
11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
The .com forum used to be a great place, but new ownership has let it slip a lot the the last few months. Many people were ready to leave so we started up over here to keep the community together.

cbscreative
11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Looks like I'm late to the party, but welcome aboard, Bud. Like vangogh said, this forum has most of the core members that made the old one great at one time. In fact, though we were all so frustrated by the neglect of the new owners who took over ealier this year, I rarely even think about that forum any more. This place feels very much like home now, and I'm glad we have it.