PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Local

KristineS
01-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm wondering how many businesses that deal primarily with local customers are using Facebook to advertise their businesses? I've seen some local businesses in my area doing this really well and I've noticed a couple of things about how they do it. First, they respond quickly to comments and make sure to have lots of pictures of happy customers with their products. Second, they pay for Facebook advertisements and I would be are using the geographic targeting options, so their ad only gets seen by local people.

Has anyone who primarily does business in their own geographic area tried using Facebook? Is yes, how did it work for you?

vangogh
01-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Can't say I'm doing this for myself, though I wouldn't call my business local. It makes sense. Twitter is often used the same way and I imagine in time Google+ will be also. I don't know that this has to be done only through Facebook. Any social site can handle the customer service and general connecting with your customers aspects. The ads are a different story.

Haup9
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM
We have been on Facebook with our Yard Sign Business for over 2 years. We have about 115 followers. We have a link on our home page that has a button for customers to push to "Like" our page. We do NOT do the ads as of yet...may consider this for this spring/summer time. One reason we haven't done the ads is that our customers are not all local. Our deliveries are though. We have had customers call to to order a sign from almost all 50 states.

Another problem we have is that we never really see the "customers". We do our delivery at night so the customer is surprised when they see it in the morning. We will sometimes see a recipient when we are picking the display up but that isn't all that often as we generally do the pick up during the day when they are at work.

We have tried to respond more often with our phones but we really don't get all that many comments.

Business Attorney
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
There are a number of shops in my neighborhood that have Facebook pages. They use them in a variety of ways: announcing sales, special offers for Facebook users, photos of new items in stock. I can't say how they thinks it works for them, however.

greenoak
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
ours is local and doing great...with over 2200 fans...our customers talk about it a lot.we hear about it in the store almost every day.... they do love pictures!!! its hard tho,i usually post at home after getting the pictures ready...and lots of times they want measurements and price, ,,,and im not over there to do that part...then i have to remember it the next day..in the hurly burly of that day..so faceboook has given me another job to do.......we have pretty good intereaction ..sometimes they even talk to each other..... .we are getting some likes from far away too, not sure why.., probably pinterest...which is also real good for us....
im not too sure about advertizing on there...we do once in a while ... . .
.a great resturant in town puts her specials on every morning...shes a big fan too....
i think it suits some businesses more than others....
to me its wierd that it works so well and its free...
ann

brocktoon93
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Pictures are great but giving away coupons helps too. Making that an incentive to like your page is a huge help and giving them away here and there with contests will help get traffic. Keeping up with daily posting and talking about stuff going on at the place in the near future brings a lot of interaction too.