PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Work

1ManSCorp
01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Last week I acquired 2 fast food restaurants called Popeyes Chicken in Columbus Georgia. I mostly do homes and small commercial on a basis of two times a year. Now I have a little change coming in weekly but I had asked to be paid monthly. The reason is; I would like to use this money to build a portable steel crane. I already have found a design and have talked to a company who produces steel fire escapes to make the crane. It may cost up to $2000 but it will be well worth it. The portable crane will be used for a 1 man controlled descent. Meaning one worker per crane. Crane will be weighted down with 750 pounds of steel weights with wheels and will be able to extend out over a buldings' parapet wall without touching it. The crane will also be tied back to the building permanent anchors. I have a 3 story waiting on me in the Spring.

lucas.bowser
01-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Is there a question in there? Or is this just a business update?

vangogh
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm wondering the same. Also failing to see the connection between acquiring fast food restaurants and a portable crane. I'm guessing these are meant to be completely different businesses, but wondering wouldn't it make more sense to reinvest the money back into the same business or a related business.

1ManSCorp
01-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Just a business update. Everything has to do with cleaning windows. The portable crane will be for tall buildings.

CrossCountry
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I think 1ManSCorp is trying to diversify; Are you 1ManSCorp?

I can see why vangogh thinks/suggests that perhaps channeling funds for related business makes more sense. You are getting experience, and if you capitalize in the knowledge you get from managing or owning the fast food restaurants, you will become better and more efficient and effective as you own mor and more.

What motivated you to look into the Portable crane idea?

Paul
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I think you meant that you acquired two restaurants as customers, not as your own business.
On the crane idea, why not just use a standard “cherry picker” lift?
My real interest is in your crane. Is this a proprietary item that could be commercialized? Is it unique?
Are you looking to market the crane or are you just looking to build one for yourself?

4x4Guy
01-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Not to rob the discussion here - but where I live (Ontario, Canada) Popeye's chicken restaurants have begun to pop up like mushrooms. Last year I was thinking "lots of popeye's in the USA, I should look into what it would take to get one here", and after jan 1st 2012, they began springing up everywhere. Must be good chicken.

Wozcreative
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Yea i see quite a bit here in Ontario, Mississauga as well. I've never tried it.. and it looks really gross inside. They should update the interior design as McDonalds did.. it looks very 1995.
BTW cranes are great.. they are so tall.. you can put a sign on them.. or even make it light up at night time!