PDA

View Full Version : I close on my condo tomorrow!

KristineS
08-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Just had to share the news. After a lot of ups and downs and more conversations with stupid condo lady (as I lovingly call her) than I want to count, I am officially closing on my condo tomorrow at 4:00.

You can't see it, but I'm bouncing with excitement. I'm going to be a homeowner!:D

cbscreative
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Congrats, Kristine! Homeowner and SBF Admin all in the same week, wow.

KristineS
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, it's been a pretty exciting week.

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Congratulations on the deal Kristine. True I can’t see you bouncing up and down for joy. But I can imagine it. When we closed the deal on our house my wife danced through the streets from the public notaries office all the way home. She was so relived that finally it had happened.

Bounce away my friend and I will go now and have drink to that good news.:D

KarenB
08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
That's wonderful, Kristine!

You go, gal!

Karen

vangogh
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats Kristine. I know most of the ups and downs that have been going on the last few months. I know you're relieved to finally be getting to closing day.

Woo Hoo!

KristineS
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes.

I feel like dancing and singing in the streets too. I was really resigned to not closing this week and then it somehow all came together.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I had a feeling it would go through, but I can certainly understand why you didn't want to get your hopes up.

KristineS
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I was working very hard to be Zen about the whole thing because I didn't want to get stressed. Still I really did want to close and get it over with. I'm happy it will be done tomorrow.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Where's the party tomorrow night?

cbscreative
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Where's the party tomorrow night?
Right here of course. We need Jen to rejoin us here. She was a great bartender. We do have Coach Morse back here again, but we fired him from bartending for raiding the fridge and drinking all the beer. As I recall, Kristine is not a beer drinker, so maybe we have a good enough stash that Coach can serve up something else and redeem himself.

Whadda ya say, George?

KristineS
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
There should be a party tomorrow night. Someone will have to buy my drinks though. I will have just signed on the dotted line for a rather large sum of money. Large to me at least.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah someone needs to invite Jen. I have her email address if you want me to. Virtual drinks tomorrow. I'll start making the confetti.

huntwriter
08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
There should be a party tomorrow night. Someone will have to buy my drinks though. I will have just signed on the dotted line for a rather large sum of money. Large to me at least.

Sorry can’t be there. It’s a very long way from British Columbia to Michigan.:D

KristineS
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry can’t be there. It’s a very long way from British Columbia to Michigan.:D

We can have a virtual party. That's where we all meet here online and have virtual drinks and throw virtual confetti. It's not quite as fun as the real thing, but it is nice.

Coach Morse
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Congratulations! (...insert high five smilie here) :D

KristineS
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks. I signed the papers and it is now official. I am a homeowner!

(Insert dancing smilie of some kind here)

vangogh
08-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Woo Hoo! Kristine owns a condo. When do you get to move in.

Have a virtual glass of champagne on me. In fact take the whole bottle if you want. I can get more in virutally no time at all.

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
We need some of those smilies Coach was telling us about, Woot!

KristineS
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
It looks like I'll probably be moving officially on the 23 of August. That gives me two weeks to get my act together.

I also found out that the previous owner is leaving me the fountain he had by the deck in the backyard. I'll be able to sit out on my deck and listen to water in the fountain. How cool is that?

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Really cool. I love stting in the back yard and often do my work out there, but some things just aren't as efficient to do on a laptop, which is probably why am not out there right now. I should be though, it's a beautiful day here. Ah, maybe I will.

vangogh
08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Very cool. By the way Aug 23rd is my brother's birthday. I should be able to remember when moving day is.

KristineS
08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
So, it's an auspicious day.

I'm sure you won't forget when moving day is. I'll probably mention it to you about a thousand times between now and then.

vangogh
08-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll remember. Sorry I can't help with the move. I'm going to a birthday party :)

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't know about moving day, but it's been a while since I've been to Traverse City and it's only a couple hours drive, plus it's a beautiful area. If I get up that way, I may need to check out the new place and bring some Michigan wine to celebrate.

KristineS
08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
You're always welcome Steve. It would be fun to meet in person.

As for Vangogh, he is telling tales, so I'm not sure he's invited. Doesn't your brother live in New York, Mr. Bradley? I think someone is trying to get out of helping me move.

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
That would be fun. It's especially nice up there in the fall. As I recall, there is a winery with a restaurant overlooking the vinyards in your area.

Last year, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary early so we could visit Tabor Hill in southern Michigan during the peak fall colors. They have a really nice restaurant that overlooks their vinyards. Our anniversary is in Nov, but we wanted to go early just for that experience. It looks just like the pictures if you were to view their web site. The service, food, wine, and attention to detail was impressive. I worked in a restaurant several years ago, so I could tell the staff was very well trained and I highly recommend the place. I would give it 5 stars without hesitation!

If the one in your area is even close to that, I'd like to check it out.

vangogh
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
No, my brother is moving out here on the 22nd. I swear he is. No, really, he is. I would like to help, but he is family you know.

C'mon doesn't my being several hundred miles away excuse me from helping?

KristineS
08-08-2008, 10:04 PM
No, my brother is moving out here on the 22nd. I swear he is. No, really, he is. I would like to help, but he is family you know.

C'mon doesn't my being several hundred miles away excuse me from helping?

If you really cared, you fly out here just so you could carry very heavy furniture up and down flights of stairs.

Actually, I'm not even asking my friends who live here in town to help me move. I'm going to hire movers. I don't want to carry crap up and down stairs either.

So, I guess you're off the hook, at least for this.

Have we discussed housewarming presents yet? :D

KristineS
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
That would be fun. It's especially nice up there in the fall. As I recall, there is a winery with a restaurant overlooking the vinyards in your area.

Steve, I'm not sure there is a winery with a restaurant up here. I've never heard of one. There are several great restaurants on the Peninsula, but none are specifically associated with a winery, at least not that I know of.

vangogh
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I was feeling the guilt trip, but then was relived to see you're hiring a mover. I don't blame you for not wanting to move your stuff. I've moved too many times and have helped friends way too many times. One of my friends must have moved about a half dozen times over a 2 year span.

KristineS
08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I just couldn't see doing it myself when I could pay to have it done. It's not that expensive, and the lack of exhaustion and stress will be so worth it.

cbscreative
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought there was a winery restaurant in your area, but I could easily be mistaken. I do know there are wineries. Michigan has beem making good progress at rivaling other wine producing areas. Even without the vinyard view, your area would offer some spectacular countryside views from a restaurant deck or glassed in setting, especially in the fall. I like heading up that way when I get the chance, but it's been a while because Michigan has a lot of nice areas. I appreciate living here. It seems that too many in this area forget how blessed we are.

Paul Elliott
08-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks. I signed the papers and it is now official. I am a homeowner!

(Insert dancing smilie of some kind here)

Congratulations, Kristine!!

Have we discussed housewarming presents yet? :D

Standard Southern boy's answer = Yes, Ma'am. :cool:

Paul

KristineS
08-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Congratulations, Kristine!!

Standard Southern boy's answer = Yes, Ma'am. :cool:

Paul

I like that answer Paul!

Leatherneck
08-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Kristine,

Congrats on your new pad!! ;) Good idea on hiring a mover. :cool: I think moving is one of the worse things too have too do :eek:and if you can eliminate some of the burden why not. :D

KristineS
08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Kristine,

Congrats on your new pad!! ;) Good idea on hiring a mover. :cool: I think moving is one of the worse things too have too do :eek:and if you can eliminate some of the burden why not. :D

Thanks for the congratulations.

Hiring a mover just makes sense. I found one with reasonable prices and it will take so much of the burden off my shoulders I just couldn't see why I wouldn't do it.

billbenson
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Congrats Kristine. I snuck into a new house a year ago. I actually got the last 100% loan Citicorp offered. My credit sucked, but I qualified because I had a bunch of money in the bank - even though my accounts payable were the same as the money in the bank :)

Good luck, you will enjoy your own place.

KristineS
08-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Good luck, you will enjoy your own place.

Thanks Bill, I know I will enjoy it. I'm so excited about having my own place and being able to paint and change things as I wish.

I'm not sure I'm going to know what to do with all the space though.

cbscreative
08-09-2008, 03:33 PM
You won't have any problem with all the space once you have it. You'll wonder what you did without it. We're almost at 5 years in our house, so I speak from experience.

KristineS
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm sure you're right Steve. I already have plans for all the rooms, so I'm sure I'll be lamenting the lack of space in a while. Right now it seems pretty huge though.

Paul Elliott
08-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I like that answer Paul!

Yes, I've found that it's always the right answer for Northern Girls, too! :D

Blessed
08-11-2008, 11:15 PM
So I'm late to the party - but I've been busy... glad you are hiring movers, guess I could always get into that business I've moved 31 times in my life, I have LOTS of experience :p Hopefully we'll get to move again sometime soon!

Blessed
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Not because I want to say that I've moved 32 times but because this house is cramped! It was tight with two of us, but three... oh my I need another bedroom and a basement and... oh I guess I blogged about it a couple of weeks ago - I won't whine here anymore :)

KristineS
08-12-2008, 07:58 AM
More space really is a wonderful thing. Hopefully you guys get to move soon.

Marcomguy
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Congratulations, Kristine!! Good luck!

More space really is a wonderful thing. Hopefully you guys get to move soon.

Enjoy the space. Before you know it, you'll find things to fill it up with!

KristineS
08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks Marcomguy.

I don't think I'll have to worry about filling up the space. I imagine I'll take care of that pretty quickly.