PDA

View Full Version : QuickBooks Users - I need some help

bacterozoid
01-15-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm finishing up adding QuickBooks integration to my online timesheet application but I could use some help.

First, if you want to actually test it with your QuickBooks install, cool! That would be super helpful. Let me know and I'll set it up for you to try.

Otherwise, how do you use customers and service items? Part of integration is syncing both of those items so employees can track their time directly against what's in QuickBooks.

I'm trying to get an idea of how potential clients use these items. Can anyone provide examples of some of the customers and service items (under Lists > Item List, then all items of type "Service") you use? Obviously you can change customer and item names; I'm just trying to get an idea of how people structure their lists and what type of items there are.

Thanks!

billbenson
01-15-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't use quickbooks but product repair is an item I have in my equivalent. I add a unique part number and price every time a product is in for repair. Eventually I'll have all repair prices in the database I use.

jamesray50
01-17-2012, 02:18 PM
What online time sheet application are you using? I just signed up with Spring Ahead but haven't tried it yet. Also, on your list items, it depends on what preferences you set as to what items are available. There are a couple of item types that once you choose them, you cannot change them to another item type, service and inventory. There are other item types that have restrictions on what or how you can change them.

I don't have any employees so I don't need to sync time sheets with my company. I only use the service type item and have several items set up for each type of service I offer, for example: bank reconciliation, ar, ap, QB consulting, etc.,. The list is quite long. I also have other items on the list for grouping items, subtotaling and totaling items. I invoice my clients using these items.

If you need any more help, I'll be glad to help you.

bacterozoid
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Jo Ellen,

I'm actually just doing some research for a time tracking application I created. I'm doing synchronization with QuickBooks and am trying to get an idea of how people set up their companies in QB to help make sure I get everything as correct as possible.

I don't like to link to my website from my forum account, so I'll send you a PM with additional info if you're interested.