PDA

View Full Version : Tagline For Freelance Commercial Writing/Copywriting Business

christinagilman
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I've been trying to think of a tagline for my business for quite some time. I haven't specialized or "niched" into any one particular writing style or business sector, so it should be rather general.

Any feedback? Too boring? Be honest I take criticism well ;)

"Communication With A Purpose."
or
"Communicating With A Purpose."

seolman
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
A slogan is so specific to the business it's tough to offer anything. The feeling I get from reading your website is: "A Passion for Writing", or maybe "I'm passionate about writing about your business". This is all I could glean from a very brief review of your site. Hope it helps.

christinagilman
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Thanks for taking the time to look Seolman. I actually came up with a different one (I woke up one night at 4am with it in my mind!) It's "I'll take care of the writing so you can take care of business." I feel a lot better about that one than I did about "Communicating with a purpose" :)

TimD
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for taking the time to look Seolman. I actually came up with a different one (I woke up one night at 4am with it in my mind!) It's "I'll take care of the writing so you can take care of business." I feel a lot better about that one than I did about "Communicating with a purpose" :)

Hey Christina, I think your second go round is much catchier than your first. It gives me more of an idea about how you help your clients. For me, it subconsciously positions you as a cost and not an investment. I don't want a writer for my business, but I do want someone who can compel more people to buy from me. If you were going to take your tagline a step further, I would focus on what your writing makes happen for your clients. I think that centers around market leadership or getting leads (business). And since you're a copywriter, you do that daily.