PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Investors

1ManSCorp
01-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I would like to know more about inverstors and how to do business with them. How to communicate, dress, and address. What comes in a presentation? What is all in the portfolio other than pics or videos? AND anything in-between.

Business Attorney
01-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Wow, that's one BIG topic. There is no one answer. What does the company do? At what stage of development is the company? What is the investment? Who are the investors? How were the investors introduced to you?

Calling on a local wealthy individual is probably going to be very different from calling on a group of angel investors or a professionally managed private equity fund. For example, normally, with a group of angel investors or a private equity fund, you won't even talk to anyone until they have already viewed a summary of your business plan. With an individual, you may get an audience simply on the strength of the introduction.

Like any other sales process, you need to determine what the interest of the potential investors is, and try to address how your investment fits their needs (assuming it does so). Are they looking for a steady return or a big win? To use a baseball analogy, are they interested in a dependable singles hitter or a home run king who is more likely to strike out? Are they in for the long haul or looking for a relatively early exit?

Knowledge is the key. Know your investor and, even more important, know your company, and its strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to answer any question that they can throw at you. Do dry runs with people you know. Come in with a practiced (but not "canned") presentation. Whatever you do, don't over promise. Be realistic or a good investor will shoot big holes in your presentation.

It is likely that the first few meetings won't be your best performances, so don't lead off your efforts by going to your most valuable lead.

1ManSCorp
01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I came up with the name "Squiigii" after realizing that there were so many other window cleaning companies ending or beginning with "squeegee". I took out the E's and replaced them with I's. Squiigii sounds the same as squeegee but I spelled it in a unique way. Making me(Benjamin Hanks), the only window cleaning company in the world with a branded name with the "squeegee sound" and unique spelling. The word "squeegee" can not be branded since it is the name of the tool window cleaners use. Which is why many WC companies have it in the name.
Not knowing how to brand a product, I turned to Facebook. What a LifeSaver! Intellectual property is an awesome thing! So I branded both Squiigii Yewinder and Mr. Squiigii on Facebook. Then I moved to LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube. I take pictures and shoot a couple of videos on every job. I use the videos so people who see me on Facebook get to know me without going door to door. 90% of my clients come from referrals off of Facebook.
I did not stop there either. I learned all about SEO. I have placed and ranked myself on the top, middle, and bottom of first pages on Google and Bing. You can check them out: High rise restoration & cleaning, HRR&C columbus georgia, window cleaning columbus georgia, high rise window cleaning columbus georgia, gutter cleaning columbus georgia, new construction clean up columbus georgia, office cleaning columbus georgia, home cleaning columbus georgia, real estate cleaning columbus georgia, and many others.
After kearning how to do all that, I built my own website through GoDaddy, Squiigii.com
I have created a successful online homebased internet cleaning service. Now it is time to grow. How big? How fast? Only time will tell.
I have a business plan. It will happen with or without investors.
I want an investor to invest in the entirety of Mr. Squiigii. I have a fictional character, Squiigii Yewinder as a company mascot. And a Super Squiigii tool that only Squiigii Yewinder has-prototype tool. The service I provide is High Rise Restoration & Cleaning by rappel. I am working on getting my first Rappelling job. Tomorrow I have to meet with the VP of Plant Operations at a local community college. The building is 3 stories.

1ManSCorp
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Tomorrow I will begin the Master Rappel Certification. After completing the course I will be classified as an Instructor. I plan to use the certification to train employees,when I am ready to hire, at Mr. Squiigii High Rise Restoration and Cleaning in Columbus, Georgia. I am the only company in Columbus to offer a rappel service with a rappel certification. Yesterday I put in a bid at Columbus Technical College's new Health Sciences Building. It is a massive 3 story building. I am all about being green, reducing my carbon footprint, and using products safe for the environment.

1ManSCorp
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Day 1 Master Rappel Certification. 2 days left. Hey, what up! Yeah you(the investor)! I am gonna model my company after Presto Property Services in Atl. Heard of them? Oh I am sure you have. And if you have not...remember S-Q-U-I-I-G-I-I. Cause I am what's up and so is Mr. Squiigii!!

1ManSCorp
01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Yesterday was day 3 of the Master Rappel Certification. I was tested on safety,anchoring, tower and urban rappeling techniques, gear inspection and teaching-to a group of people who included 2 small children, 3 teens, and 3 adults. I am now a certified instructor in rappelling. Visit Mr. Squiigii at High Rise Restoration & Cleaning (http://squiigii.com)