PDA

View Full Version : Call door to door with the White Pages

1ManSCorp
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Has anyone tried this? The White Pages online has an Address and Neighbors tab. Plug in any address and a map with tabs shows up. Each tab lists name, number, and address.

nealrm
12-31-2011, 11:51 AM
If you are thinking about using this to make phone calls, think again. You will need to check the numbers against do-not-call lists or you risk getting yourself into a lot of trouble.

1ManSCorp
12-31-2011, 12:07 PM
How much trouble? What can they actually do? Nothing. It's all public info.

nealrm
12-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Depending on the state fines range from hundreds to thousands of dollars per violation. Missouri's is $5000 per violation and either the person or the DA can bring suit. On the Federal level the fines are $11,000 and $13,000 per violation. That makes for a pretty expensive phone cold call.

Here is a link showing the fines for different states: DNC - Fines and Penalties For Violations Of State DO-NOT-CALL Lists (http://www.dncquickcheck.com/marketing/reginfo/reginfo9.asp)

Here is a link for Missouri fining a telemarketer $50,000. Attorney General Koster collects $50,000 from Florida telemarketer who violated no-call law (http://ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2009/Florida_telemarketer_violates_No_Call_and_pays/)

1ManSCorp
12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah but its up to the customer to remove their own number from the white pages. That is what customer service said.

nealrm
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
It does matter if they are in the white pages or not, you cannot do telemarketing to anyone that is on the do not call lists. If you call them and they are on the DNC list you can be fined or sued.

1ManSCorp
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
I understand bro. I am just starting to understand telemarketing. So it is Ok to call commercial but not ok for residents who are registered with DNC list? I had to register with the police station to do door to door sales in residential neighborhoods. I have never seen one ride by me yet. I do alot of walking.

nealrm
12-31-2011, 05:30 PM
There is not a national DNC list for businesses, I don't know about the state level.