PDA

View Full Version : Software forwholesaler / distributor

WCrown
12-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi all.....looking for some feedback on software for wholesale distribution with appx. 5-7 users on a network.
Have had an older version of Peachtree which does basic accounting OK but is lacking on reports such as invoice detail, customer sales history, etc. Just curious if a newer version of P-tree is an option or is there another package avail. for small businesses without costing an arm & leg......thanks.

Evan
12-24-2011, 02:05 PM
QuickBooks and Peachtree are the only two big "options" which work well enough. A lot of other sites exist as "replacements" to these, but they lack a lot of features and are good for a specific function (e.g. invoicing), but nothing else (e.g. tracking your payables, writing checks, etc.)

What specific detail are you looking for? Generally, these programs can create "Custom Reports" to get the level of detail you're looking for.

WCrown
12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks Evan....the PTree does reports but we don't get the detail we need because we price everything
per piece (i.e. - resale v. cost // $ 1.50 v. .85 and we have price breaks based on the quantity purchased
so we like to track accordingly but the best we can from PT is a summary of the totals (i.e. $ 150.00 v. $ 85.00 )
so it's not real useful. We've been able to work around it but I was hopeful they might get their newer programs
where certain reports that are critical for wholesalers to determine usage, margins,etc. might be available. Have
your seen the Ptree program created for dist. / wholesalers?

Evan
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
[/URL]Yes, there is a package for distributors. See [URL]http://www.peachtree.com/productsservices/premium/distribution (http://www.peachtree.com/productsservices/premium/distribution)

jamesray50
12-25-2011, 02:43 AM
QuickBooks has a Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition. They may have reports they can give you what you need. Their reports can also be customized or exported to Excel for further customization.

Evan
12-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm hesitant to recommend switching between QuickBooks and Peachtree, as I feel there wouldn't be a significant difference. If Peachtree isn't going to meet your needs, QuickBooks is probably going to have similar capabilities, in which case you need to look for a more sophisticated accounting system.