PDA

View Full Version : blogging and pinterest....

greenoak
12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
i used to explore my style world thru the beautiful blogs that have always helped set the tone and trends in our field....pinterest is changing that.......now i dont go to the blogs much and spend the time on pinterest and for me its richer and more exciting experience..... more pictures, more mobility, easier to get to the websites.........it makes blogs and my old picture files seem very old fashioned.....
its growing so fast im amazed...and i think its still just 7 guys....
i dont think pinterest would affect the tekk worlds blogs...but alll the womens and cultural blogs will be influenced ...imho... food, clothes and style are huge on there...

KristineS
12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Blogs that used a lot of pictures will definitely be impacted, at least a little bit. Blogs that used pictures and writing won't be impacted as much, I would guess.

Pinterest has really grown though. I see more and more mentions of it all the time. And for furniture and antique and decoration shops, I imagine it's heaven. :)

nicolassage
12-27-2011, 03:24 PM
If your blog contain a lot of picture its a good tool! (good for your ranking!)

Blessed
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Hey Ann - I just read this post Blogging & Pinterest (http://www.thenester.com/2011/12/pinterest-and-blogging-the-good-the-bad-and-the-huh.html) about how Pinterest has influenced this particular blogger's online sales and etc... and thought it would be interesting for you too.

Jenn

greenoak
12-30-2011, 06:21 PM
thanks so much jenn...thats a great report.... so interesting and wow...the numbers!!!! it makes me want to write an ebook...lol...
our business is for sure in the same field as her and i think thats why im so crazy about pinterest and how much its going to help us, even in a local way....
i hear its impacting etsy in a really big way too....

Blessed
12-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I can see how Pinterest would have a positive effect on Etsy store owners who took advantage of it as a way to get their products out in front of people!

Pinterest is a bit addicting :)