PDA

View Full Version : Unique Business Cards

glenneena
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I got thinking about business cards today. I met Mayor Goldman a few years back in Vegas. He gave me his business card which was a custom imprinted poker chip with his picture on the front and all the regular info on the back of it. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

I might copy that for my new used car lot with a certain $$$$$ off for the purchase of a car, etc.

Any ideas?????

Any other unique forms of business cards????

Steve B
12-02-2011, 04:32 AM
It sounds kind of cool, but it's not really a business card. You might want to have something like this in addition to a business card. There are still people that might want to put the card in their wallet or other similar things they are used to doing with a card.

huggytree
12-02-2011, 07:15 AM
i agree that a poker chip is really not a true business card.....id stick within the 'norm' for a business card as far as size and it being a piece of paper

BUT i would do a different design....if you had 100 cards and threw them all on a table you want to be able to pick yours out within 1 second...different color? back ground?...something unique....most are plain white backgrounds...so its not hard

vangogh
12-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree with Steve and huggy. The poker chip would certainly grab my attention and when it was given to me I'd look at it and think it's cool and take it home with me. Then I wouldn't know what to do with it. It wouldn't fit with my other business cards and would likely end up in some place I wouldn't know where to find it. If and when I needed the info it wouldn't be there.

Better to use it as a marketing tool in conjunction with a standard business card.

mailorder
12-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I would go with the semi see through plastic or a thin metal card.

But I like to be able to take notes on the back of business notes, but some people frown on it. Where I met you, what we talked about, and if you do stuff besides whats on your card.

You might read this thread form last month.
http://www.small-business-forum.net/traditional-marketing/225-business-cards.html

glenneena
12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I agree with Steve and huggy. The poker chip would certainly grab my attention and when it was given to me I'd look at it and think it's cool and take it home with me. Then I wouldn't know what to do with it. It wouldn't fit with my other business cards and would likely end up in some place I wouldn't know where to find it. If and when I needed the info it wouldn't be there.

Better to use it as a marketing tool in conjunction with a standard business card.

Agreed.

I have saved business cards for years and years. Most of the time I stack them in my business card boxes I deplete that my own cards came in and save them for future use. Although some I have set up in specific business card files for ready reference.

I was thinking about the poker chips handing out for promo purposes as well as attention getters for various reasons. Could always drill it and attach a key chain, maybe. You know save it for when you need another car, etc.

Yes, have regular business cards also. Agree on the semi see thru plastic type in color.

vangogh
12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I think using the poker chips as a promotional item could work. I do like the idea. Adding a keychain might be nice. That would make it useful and possibly be something people hang on to. Get them to add it to their existing keychain and they probably won't take it off. It just becomes part of what they normally carry around with them.

Instead of an image on one side could you add something people would want to refer to from time to time. All that's coming to mind at the moment are digital things like a clock or mapping application. Probably more than the poker chip can handle.

J from Michigan
12-02-2011, 08:52 PM
It may be an old bit (or maybe not) but..."Your Business Card Is Crap" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk#t=0m20s)

Dan Furman
12-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Joel is awesome

vangogh
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
The video is great. Of course Joel's business card is probably lost or thrown away often given it can't fit in the rolodex with all the "crap business cards."

SnellExperts
12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I love the poker chip idea, though its more of a "calling card" than a business card. I thought about having business cards made using a thin metallic substance instead of traditional paper. I figure they will last longer than a normal card, and stand out because I have never personally seen a business card like that. Not sure if the price to make those would be worth it or not, but when I get around to finally pursuing this idea, I hope to be pleasantly surprised at the pricing :)

billbenson
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd throw it away. If it's not the normal size and I can write on it I'd throw it away unless I really needed it. In the latter case I put the cards info in an excel sheet I have and would still throw it away. If it was a standard cheap card I'd still put the info in my excel sheet and throw it away. Only the maybe cards would be kept and not entered into the excel sheet.

J from Michigan
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I thought about having business cards made using a thin metallic substance instead of traditional paper. I figure they will last longer than a normal card, and stand out because I have never personally seen a business card like that.

I have a peer/window cleaning company owner who picked up some of those 'clear plastic' cards.
Instead of the title "owner" he put "clean windows guaranteed" under his name. (smart idea)
- about .65 cents a piece, if I remember right.

vangogh
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
That's a nice business card. It's unique and clearly reinforces what the business does. Great idea.

cbscreative
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
One of the unique card ideas I saw a number of years ago was a thermal sensitive card. The body heat in your fingers caused it to change color when you held on to it. As I recall, it still had a paper backing so you could write on it. The thermal layer was plastic coated and the printing was applied to the plastic coating. This way you could be unique while still being standard size and paper backing.

SnellExperts
12-09-2011, 04:31 AM
The point of a business card to me is not whether or not you keep it, but whether or not it made enough of an impression to be recorded for future use. That is ultimately what matters is that you get the sale from it, and they have a way to contact you.

vangogh
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
whether or not it made enough of an impression to be recorded for future use.

True, but that's often done by keeping the card. You can certainly copy all the information on the card into some other form, but you do have to hang onto the card long enough to be able to record it for future use.

KerryAll
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
You might want to try making a prototype thin metal one, say 18K gold. Send the first one to me for close inspection. I'll give you my honest opinion of it, once I've seen it. :D

vangogh
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Can I get the second one? I promise to spend a lot of time with it to give you an honest review too. :)

aaron.paspe
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone.

I agree that the poker chip is just a promotional item, its an idea that makes the business more interesting, more flexibility. You can also look into bar pins, paper wait, calendars, fridge magnets or book mark these are good media for marketing your business and you can also leave your company info on it. For business cards, I think sticking to traditional media is good but you can also use eco friendly materials (recyclable) like low density polyethylene.

:)

henryz
12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
People do not want to spend more than they need too, even if it could possibly generate more business. We always here from people that don't want to buy special business cards because they get thrown away. I generally do pass out cards going business to business and I would say about 5% will ask questions about a product. You can pretty much do a business card with anything you make or sell, like a Lego block, a rock, we have even taken a fishing lure and added a clients info on it. The possibilities are endless- make the best out of yours.

vangogh
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
you can also use eco friendly materials (recyclable) like low density polyethylene.

Using eco friendly materials is always a good idea. :)

People do not want to spend more than they need too, even if it could possibly generate more business.

I think it's because their focus is on the absolute cost instead of the return they can get from their investment. I think that comes from the cost being guaranteed, while the return remains an unknown when the decision to spend is being made. Many don't like risk even though risk is a necessary part of doing business and life in general.

christinagilman
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I also agree with most people here: cool idea but not practical if it's the only business card you offer. Another great business card idea is to put a short description of your business, and what services you offer, on the back of the card. So for example, if you own a used car lot but also provide a few other services, you could list those services on the back (oil change, buy used cars, appraisals...).

Many people, myself included, save business cards for years. With a list of services right on the card, it's a great reference tool.

vangogh
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I like when the back of the business card provides some additional information like different services too. I still think you want to keep the additional information to a minimum so as not to overcrowd the card. Too much information in such a small place means little of the information ever stands out. Better in my opinion is to present a few points of what's the most important information. The main focus of the card should still be the contact information.

christinagilman
12-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Agreed Vangogh, it can become overcrowded if taken to far. Like many things, less in more.

SnellExperts
12-21-2011, 04:35 PM
In a worst case scenario though, if they lose the card for whatever reason, but it still made an impression on them, it's not like they can't look your contact information up online.

henryz
12-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Show me yours and I'll show you mine, Business card that is. My card is simple but It gets people interested when they see the QR code and they ask what's it for, i go ahead and tell them how it works and how they can use it too.

cbscreative
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
People do not want to spend more than they need too, even if it could possibly generate more business. We always here from people that don't want to buy special business cards because they get thrown away.

It's been my observation that those people have never tried stepping up on their cards so they don't know what life is like on the other side of the fence. I've never known anyone to have really nice cards made and found it to be a waste of money. The main reason most cards get pitched is because most of them deserve to be. The fact that so few stand out is all the more opportunity for the ones that do.

I actually find this attitude to be quite silly. In the grand scheme of things, even "expensive" business cards are outrageously cheap compared to the other costs of doing business. To not take advantage of such an easy way to stand out is a bad business decision IMO. Then again, since the numbers tell us that 80% of all businesses fail, following the advice of the 80% is foolish.

I wouldn't want anyone to interpret that as saying nice cards will make you successful. They are just one piece of the puzzle and an easy one to do right.

jrobconsult
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
You could get one of those money cards that are a smaller version of US currency and have your message on the back. It is unique and will fit in your wallet. Here is the company I use:
$5, $10, $20, and $100 Dollar Bill Drop Cards, Money Business Cards (http://www.realisticdropcard.com)

ReganP
04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I think the poker chip in conjunction with a really cool business card will be the way to go. If you just want a cool business card I recommend just googling creative/unique/interesting business cards, you will find a ton of examples to pull ideas from. I like this collection of ideas (http://www.noupe.com/design/50-beautiful-business-card-designs.html).

I don't think you have to get quite as elaborate as some of these with the pop-outs and whatnot, but just a nice sleek design.

queenvictoria
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
There are a lot of things you can do with print advertising, but business cards are kind of limited as highlighted by the above comments. Your design can be creative, but too much creativity (i.e. poker chip) may not fit with the idea of business cards. Your card should be eye catching but also be able to be easily gained access too. This doesn't mean it has to be boring old black type on a white card, but it should fit in nicely with other business cards. As mentioned above, the more grandiose ideas would be better used as promotional items.

Promotional items can be used as something completely separate and can also e a little more unconventional. The key to business cards is the ability to catalog your company, white promotional items can be a little more quirky and out of the ordinary. Keychians, magnets, and other items can work in tandem with your professional business card to help boost business.

Also mentioned earlier is investing some time and money into the idea. This is basically your ID in the business world, so creating one that truly stands out will undoubtedly be worth the price. There care a variety of printing companies who specialize in unique business cards, and their competition can mean great deals for the consumer.

Creative Pile
05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
You can have an eye catching & memorable business card by adding spot-uv, embossing, foil, and even die-cut. We are always designing creative cards for our customers. Adding all the extras goes a long way.

BNB
05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Being a name badge manufacturing company, we have the ability to make some really cool business cards for our usage. And when I hand out cards to potential customers or at networking events, I typically get a good response.

Fancy cards cost substantially more. I would recommend trying out something cool/unique and see the response you get. But don't go all in, buy a small amount and test the waters first.

vangogh
05-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Good idea to try out a few and test the waters to see the response you get. A nice card definitely stands out. I know I've saved cards that impressed me in some way. I'm not sure if I ever call the people who gave me the cards any more often, but at least I do save them more often, which I suppose is a pretty important part of what the card is trying to do.

BiznessAsUsual
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Why use a business card? Just use LinkedIn and say "Google Me | First Name, Last Name" :)

queenvictoria
07-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Although some people prefer to have a standard business card, I love it when people really get creative and think outside the "rectangular" business card box! I am not saying that traditional business cards aren't needed, I am simply saying that unique business cards are more memorable and as you can see a great conversation starter. If you are going to design a unique business card for your company, I would suggest doing something that "fits" with your line of business. Here are some great examples (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.437482119624744.101329.151423381563954&type=3) that I came across while perusing Facebook.

As you can see these examples are unique and go along very well with the business it represents. If you are going to try something unique, I would suggest having normal business cards on hand for anyone who might prefer a standard business card to keep in their wallet.

MissesBeatriz
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I agree. The poker chip is more of a promotional than professional look. Plus, most of us, already hate carrying coins in our bags or pockets. The standard business card is perfect and you can decide and create so many designs, its endless, trust me you can make it look great. The look of the business card all depends on your line of work as well. DJs and graffiti artists have their huge logo or art displayed on one side, while more clean cut professionals have their name, title and business contact all on one side. I like having one side of card empty, just in case you gotta write down a little memo about the person who just gave you their card.

vangogh
07-14-2012, 12:46 AM
If you are going to try something unique, I would suggest having normal business cards on hand for anyone who might prefer a standard business card to keep in their wallet.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing as I was looking through the Facebook page you linked to. The cards there are really nice and attention getting and they do enhance the business message. Still you wonder if they'll be there on the rolodex when it's time to call.

The standard business card is perfect and you can decide and create so many designs, its endless

I agree. The unique cards and poker chips are good as promotional items. You do want a regular business card to fit with the usual card storage. And like you say you aren't limited in how you design them.

Of course in time we'll probably all just carry contact information around on our phones or whatever device we're always carrying. Then again maybe a lot of us are doing that now already.

billbenson
07-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Funny. I was thinking the same thing as I was looking through the Facebook page you linked to. The cards there are really nice and attention getting and they do enhance the business message. Still you wonder if they'll be there on the rolodex when it's time to call.

I agree. The unique cards and poker chips are good as promotional items. You do want a regular business card to fit with the usual card storage. And like you say you aren't limited in how you design them.

Of course in time we'll probably all just carry contact information around on our phones or whatever device we're always carrying. Then again maybe a lot of us are doing that now already.

Everything from a business card I want has gone into an excel sheet since 1995. Probably put it in a database eventually.

If you give me a business card, the design might sell me to a degree, but I also want a blank back to make notes.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
My new business cards have a QR code on them, so people can scan my contact info right into thier smart phones and access my website immediately (same code as in my sig).

Not crazy about the design anymore and will be redoing them. But I'll keep the code.

krj
07-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Has anyone ever used Vistaprint?

I like the fact that you can coordinate your products - same logo and design on business cards, banners, letterhead, envelopes, car magnets, t-shirts etc.

I have found a design on their site that I like, works for the business I will be starting, looks cost effective and professional. I've never used them before but am interested in giving their products a try.

cbscreative
07-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Has anyone ever used Vistaprint?

I haven't, but I know they are probably the most popular printing service on the Internet and many people swear by them. I'm sure their prices are the biggest reason for their popularity.

For some businesses, this model may be fine, maybe even ideal when cost is the primary concern and it's not a high priority item. However, with the principle of "differentiation" being in the cardinal rules of marketing, using the same templates as millions of other people to create your materials is not a good way to stand out.

Since this thread is about business cards, even "expensive" business cards are among the cheapest ways to make a good impression. It's not necessary to spend a lot of money to have nice cards. To me, I look for indicators that the person I'm considering doing business with is serious about their business. Cheap looking cards make me wonder where else they are willing to cut costs, and most of the time, I notice other evidence against them. I won't say I judge on cards alone, but it's amazing how the same motivation that drives a business person to skimp on cards spills over to other business practices and reveals a lot about their commitment to their customers.

billbenson
07-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Is quality always necessary? I sit in front of a computer and a telephone all day. I do no local business. If I was single I might want some for picking up chicks :) But I'm the extreme. Take someone who needs one every once and a while. Or take the guy that cut down the 65 foot tree in my front yard. His were printed on his home PC. It didn't deter me from hiring him.

The graphics threads and even the copy writing thread everybody says "you must have quality". I don't think that is always true.

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Is quality always necessary? I sit in front of a computer and a telephone all day. I do no local business. If I was single I might want some for picking up chicks :) But I'm the extreme. Take someone who needs one every once and a while. Or take the guy that cut down the 65 foot tree in my front yard. His were printed on his home PC. It didn't deter me from hiring him.

The graphics threads and even the copy writing thread everybody says "you must have quality". I don't think that is always true.

I think for people who are constantly handing out cards, it's important to them.
For people like me who are rarely even in the same room, let alone the same state as potential clients, websites and other online avenues are far more important.

vangogh
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
However, with the principle of "differentiation" being in the cardinal rules of marketing, using the same templates as millions of other people to create your materials is not a good way to stand out.

I completely agree. I think templates can be a lower cost option, though you'll ultimately get better results with something custom and unique.

I think you should always strive to produce the best quality you can. That goes for every aspect of your life. No matter what you do you should always give it your best.

That said quality is a subjective word. What's quality to you isn't necessarily quality to me and vice versa. You absolutely have to produce something that at least matches the minimum quality acceptable to your customers, though giving them more quality is going to be better. No one is going to complain if you give them something better than they expected. They will complain if you give them something less.

The business choice comes down to how much does it cost for more quality. I don't think there's ever been a case where producing something of higher quality was seen as bad by customers (assuming other things remain equal). It's a matter of how much more it costs you to produce the extra quality and how much your customers are willing to spend on it.

With that choice in mind most businesses aren't going to pay to produce the maximum quality they can, because at the top of the quality spectrum it starts costing more to get more quality than you'll likely be able to get back in return. At the other end of the spectrum it's the reverse. Add more quality into something that has none and the returns will far exceed any cost involved. No matter what you're business you're going to need to reach some minimum level of acceptable quality.

2 last points.

1. If you don't strive to produce the best you can, I think you give up the right to complain when someone else does the same.
2. At present the most valuable company on the planet (Apple) has a core philosophy of always producing the highest quality it can.

billbenson
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I completely agree. I think templates can be a lower cost option, though you'll ultimately get better results with something custom and unique.

I think you should always strive to produce the best quality you can. That goes for every aspect of your life. No matter what you do you should always give it your best.

That said quality is a subjective word. What's quality to you isn't necessarily quality to me and vice versa. You absolutely have to produce something that at least matches the minimum quality acceptable to your customers, though giving them more quality is going to be better. No one is going to complain if you give them something better than they expected. They will complain if you give them something less.

The business choice comes down to how much does it cost for more quality. I don't think there's ever been a case where producing something of higher quality was seen as bad by customers (assuming other things remain equal). It's a matter of how much more it costs you to produce the extra quality and how much your customers are willing to spend on it.

With that choice in mind most businesses aren't going to pay to produce the maximum quality they can, because at the top of the quality spectrum it starts costing more to get more quality than you'll likely be able to get back in return. At the other end of the spectrum it's the reverse. Add more quality into something that has none and the returns will far exceed any cost involved. No matter what you're business you're going to need to reach some minimum level of acceptable quality.

2 last points.

1. If you don't strive to produce the best you can, I think you give up the right to complain when someone else does the same.
2. At present the most valuable company on the planet (Apple) has a core philosophy of always producing the highest quality it can.

I essentially agree with you Steve. Where I differ is in someone like the guy that cut down my tree. My expectations were lower for him from a marketing perspective so his home made cards had no impact on hiring him. He was really good with a chain saw and bucket truck and that's what I needed.

If I thought quality had no impact, I wouldn't have you rewriting my web site!

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Sometimes our expectations don't meet with reality. The people I expect to have the absolute best business cards are graphic designers.

But there have been many other people over the years that I expected to have nice websites because they are professional in every other area, that didn't
Doctors, Lawyers, and Real Estate agents come to mind. But they had nice cards.

cbscreative
07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
My expectations were lower for him from a marketing perspective

I completely agree with your perspective and even share it. We all have those areas where the priority level is low. For me, cutting down a tree is an ideal example. I had one removed a couple years ago and can't tell you what his marketing materials looked like because I didn't care at the time either. Plus, we met under ideal circumstances, so his materials were never an issue.

With that in mind, the point comes through even stronger. In my case, I didn't care about the aesthetics of the card, but it still would have helped. To demonstrate why it still matters, I'm sure the tree services in your area aren't much different than they are in mine. The ones with nice trucks, good marketing, and attention to detail in their materials all seem to stay busy. The ones who figure no one cares play second fiddle to the ones who are better at marketing. Catering to people who don't care leaves you picking up

Instead of relying on the fact that I will only do business with you if I don't care what your card looks like, the market proves you will do better if you assume that I do care and put the extra effort into making a card that reflects professionalism. Considering the cost of business cards, if that creates a hardship you have a serious problem. Let's suppose you invest $100 to get 1000 cards (many people consider anything over $20 to be a rip off). If you can't recover $100 many times over after handing out 1000 cards, then I would conclude that the business isn't worth doing.

I myself am in a similar situation as eborg and hand out very few cards any more. I run them in very small batches because they last so long. But the principles of this thread still apply regardless of how many get handed out.

There's another observation I made long ago that hasn't changed and is kind of amusing. The vast majority of people who don't believe the quality of card matters have never tried it. They go on assuming it won't make much difference. On the other side of the fence are people who do make sure their cards are nice. They keep right on "wasting their money" while the non believers assume it's all for ego.

billbenson
07-20-2012, 01:06 AM
In my example, the tree guy (self employed guy with one hired assistant) cut down a neighbors tree and did a good job. He gave me a good price; done deal. He's got a reputation and stays booked. So in a way its an unfair example. Now lets say he wants to hire and expand his busines, then quality business would be very important.

cbscreative
07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Agreed, the situation does sway the rules a bit for sure. And like you said, if he wanted to grow beyond his current situation, that does require stepping up.

Wozcreative
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Good quality business cards are extremely achievable. People are still only uitilizing one side of the card to save cost.. but really my printers only charge me 4 dollars to print on the other side. Being a graphic designer, I have built long-term partnerships with some great printers that offer me fantastic pricing to my clients. These guys can beat any of those online printers like VistaPrint in pricing AND quality.

Your best bet is to talk to a graphic designer that also acts as a print broker, they get the best trade printing prices. Sometimes you can get a great deal on printing if you go for some of their services. For example, I charge a package fee to design a solid card and high end offset printing is included!

Angelina86
09-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Although the poker chip sound really cool I would probably still get a traditional business card but customize it to look cool.

AccountantSalary
09-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I use Moo minicards, which are smaller than traditional business cards and therefore more memorable. You can also put a different picture on each card. You can Google them to find the website.

Todd_in_Tulsa
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
LOL...I have received a couple of those...they are at the bottom of a desk drawer, I think.

Ask yourself: Why all the gimmick? Will it get me more business, or end up in the bottom of someone's desk? Since it won't fit in normal holders or men's wallets, what will the receiver do with it? Cost vs ROI?

Here's a couple of thoughts:
Make it clearly written, your name-preferred contact phone number-email if desired.

Glenneena
Used Vehicle Sales
"Better Cars, Best Prices!"

Explain what you do. (So when they get home, you will be remembered.)
Have your website on it.
Have your "QR Code" on the back, possibly linking to a video about why you're so wonderful.
If you like the glossy type of card, glossy on the front only so people can make notes on the back.
If you have a tag-line, add it to your card.

* Don't go overboard filling up the front and back with stuff! Your name, and what you do will be lost.
* If you print your own cards on your computer, it may appear less professional.
(Some people may wonder what you're planning on doing next week!)
* If your cards say: "Free Cards from...XXXXXX", it will appear cheap and unprofessional.

Since this post is months after yours, I hope if you bought the poker chips, they worked great!

All the best!

<please set up a signature through Settings>

AmandaKess
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM

Agreed.

I have saved business cards for years and years. Most of the time I stack them in my business card boxes I deplete that my own cards came in and save them for future use. Although some I have set up in specific business card files for ready reference.

I was thinking about the poker chips handing out for promo purposes as well as attention getters for various reasons. Could always drill it and attach a key chain, maybe. You know save it for when you need another car, etc.

Yes, have regular business cards also. Agree on the semi see thru plastic type in color.

I like the idea of using the Poker Chip as a promo, but certainly not as a business card, and I think the key chain idea is probably the best way to go about it. As for your regular business card I think going traditional is the best way to go. Choose a unique color scheme if you'd like something attention grabbing, but I wouldn't stray from standard sizing. You want someone to be able to take your card and hold onto it, and the best way to do that is placing it in your wallet obviously! Personally I've used Tiny Prints in the past to design and print my business cards and they look truly stellar. You can use your own images and text so customization isn't a problem, and they're fairly inexpensive so it's a win-win.

J.Voelkel
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Yea i agree as well that you should stick to a more traditional business card form. I feel like those poker chip cards would be better suited for an event where you can hand them out to help promote your car lot. Or even ones shaped as a car. I've never seen anything like that before and think that would be pretty cool and unique.

myQRad.com
11-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I have seen QR Codes on business cards and it seems like a good idea. You can send people directly to your website from your card. The only difficult part with putting a QR Code on your card is it is difficult to tie it into theme.

robincho623
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
what we do is print our company's business cards on vinyl stickers, so they can stick it on somewhere or just treat it as a normal business card. It can get more pricier than regular business cards but they do last longer and more memorable. At vistaprint.com, 1000 cards are about 300 bucks, and at stickersbanners.com where i get mine, they are $180. Do your research and find the method and the price that suits you the best.

vangogh
02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
I like the idea that they can use the cards as stickers or treat them as a normal business card. I doubt I would want to use it as a sticker so I could just keep the card. Someone else might prefer the sticker. And if they end up being sturdier it's worth a little extra cost. It's not like they're all that expensive to begin with.

dianecoleen
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I would still prefer the normal style business card. However, the use of poker chip-like business cards would be a good idea to a specific marketing campaign of the business. Nice ideas in here, by the way. A simple business card can be valued than the elegant and well designed one once it has proven good results to clients.

ryantc
11-26-2013, 05:25 PM
There are a lot of websites you can review to get additional ideas on unique business cards. Here are few sites for you to visit: 80+ Creative & Unique Business Cards (http://webdesignerwall.com/trends/80-creative-unique-business-cards), 30 Unique Business Cards For Out of The Box Professionals - Aha Daily (http://ahadaily.com/unique-business-cards.html), Plastic Business Cards Inspiration - 29 Unique Examples (http://www.designyourway.net/blog/inspiration/plastic-business-cards-inspiration-29-unique-examples/).