PDA

View Full Version : y tube???

greenoak
11-23-2011, 07:47 AM
can i put someone elses you tube video on my business facebook without permission? thinking here of good how to videos that my fans would like....

MobileMarketness
11-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey again, yes you can. When a person uploads a video, they have the option of removing the embed feature. If they've allowed embedding, then you are free to put it on your site. The video itself will have a title overlayed that will make it clear who owns the video. Just make sure you don't claim it as your own below. But you're free to write up a summary of the video, write comments or something else. I'll reiterate that you aren't obligated to note the actual owner / author of the video as the video embedding takes care of the automatically.

And... this won't apply to you, but just for other people that may be reading this: you can not download the video and then re-upload it claiming it as your own. THAT is prohibited. Neither can you download and edit the video, unless it has been uploaded under the creative commons license (few videos are).

Hope that helps.

KristineS
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
There is also the share feature on Facebook which allows you to share other people's links and posts and videos. Again, it clearly states from where the content originally came, but it allows you to share it on your page or wall.

greenoak
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
thats good to know...thanks....another question popped up today ...we are trying to set up our ytube to go to our facebook....well it wants to go to my personal page....because its my email.... do you have a work around for that?
we took some really cute videos....but jon didnt talk loud enough...so we are doing it again....
this is going to be a new addition for us....

MobileMarketness
11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
You need to install an app on your Facebook business page. So the setup is on the Facebook side. Once you install the app, it asks for your YouTube credentials and then it will import your entire channel.

greenoak
11-24-2011, 06:16 AM
thanks.i will let her know... we are excited about this...
and on the mobile ideas, also thanks and ill have to borrow someones phone to see w hat you are talking about.... we dont sell online...but we are on line in a big wway........ i sent you a message so you can see my site....

MobileMarketness
11-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Got your message. Thanks for sending that out. Your site looks great!

And don't wait to borrow someone's phone, just use this tool:

Mobile Phone Emulator: Apple, RIM, DoCoMo, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung | MobileMoxie: Mobile Marketing and SEO Consulting and Free Tools (http://www.mobilemoxie.com/handset-emulators/phone-emulator/)

Just enter your URL in the field, select a phone type (I suggest iPhone since it's the most popular) and click compare. It shows you exactly what your site looks like on a mobile.

And if you get stuck with the YouTube and Facebook integration, just let me know here. I can walk you through it.

greenoak
11-26-2011, 07:01 AM
thanks.....it didnt look like that on my dils i phone...i havent checked my dh's yet..... we are swamped right now
!!! that looks awful....

SnellExperts
11-26-2011, 11:38 AM
thats good to know...thanks....another question popped up today ...we are trying to set up our ytube to go to our facebook....well it wants to go to my personal page....because its my email.... do you have a work around for that?
we took some really cute videos....but jon didnt talk loud enough...so we are doing it again....
this is going to be a new addition for us....

I'm actually really glad that you asked this question because I had no clue either and have been wondering for some time.

MobileMarketness
12-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Howdy,

Yeah, the tool isn't perfect, but it's usually spot on.

Did you get the YouTube to Facebook thing down okay?

greenoak
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
on the list for next week....we dealt with so much this week....2 box trucks of stuff!!! so fun.... and finishing up our best month ever...and restocking..... i think utube will be fun and i really appreciate your help in it.....till now,.i have only used it for music or silly stuff with my little grandkids...
...we are for sure going to try it....and i might even get a smart phone.... to make little movies...now i just have to get dh or dil to use theirs....

1ManSCorp
12-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I use Youtube to create small business ads on Google. I place these videos on the first page of Google search results. This way when people are searching through Google for my type of services. I usually have a Google page ranking of 3-5. Service Magic is always ahead of me. They see the ad then view the video. I can track these results using manual analytics.

Elias
03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Youtube is in some markets like a real booster especially when you are into fashion, media or the television branch. It's all about getting follower. Because followers are the first step to become famous or get customers (or views).