PDA

View Full Version : 2000 likes...

greenoak
11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
our facebook page had 2009 fans/likes....and we are having the best month ever for november.... we market in so many ways but i credit facebook with much of our increased business this month..our biggest event of the season was up over 10%%....over 1000 people thru in 4 days... a lot for us...
im glad there is a social part on the forum but i sure wish there were some other heavy users on here to compare notes with!...its such a new tool for small businesses... its so exciting and confusing..
.also i think pinterest is going to be big ....its helping me a whole lot...to see trends...to see what my customers like... and the opposite.... i have about 75 followers in 2 weeks.... its a wonderful new thing imho...its really putting our w ebsite OUT THERE!!!

Business Attorney
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Congratulations on reaching 2000 Facebook fans, Ann. I'm glad to hear that November is going so well for your store, too.

SnellExperts
11-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Congratz on getting to 2000 likes, I think we are getting close to that mark. What kind of business do you have on there. Your right, it is an awesome tool if you know how to use it properly which I am still in the process of trying to figure out lol. We should start a thread for Facebook strategies so the forum could compare notes and what not.

greenoak
11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
we are a retail store .you can search our fb site...under green oak antiques...i try for lots of pictures....and whats in....then some things for fun, and some for non selling good information...... i try for about 5 posts a week....we talk it up in the store...and get lots of feedback from the customers....
i would love to hear your strategies etc etc.... we have done a few ads...not sure on that.... i would like to do more polls and other ways to get more interaction.... have you used notes? how about albums? i like those... we link out to our blogs and website a lot too...
p.s. thanks david....we are really glad we jumped into this..everything we try doesnt work out this well...

KMcVey
11-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I had to go look at your pictures since I am an antique lover. Your store looks absolutely lovely. I have been into so many stores that look cluttered. Yours looks so organized, and I am sure that makes it enjoyable for everyone. Platforms like Facebook and Pintrest would definitely work in your favor because the visuals of your shop are so pleasing. I know I would love to go :).

greenoak
11-15-2011, 07:24 PM
thanks ..its a handfull!!
what are you hearing about pinterest? they say no business...then they have a webinar on using it for business.... ive only been there for a couple of weeks...but wow!!! i think its going to be a nice thing for the store..

Spider
11-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Well done on the 2000 likes, Ann!

greenoak
11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
thANKS SPIDER.... they are loving it...

Blessed
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Congrats Ann! 2000 likes is great!

Pinterest is fun - I'm not seeing how it would work as a business outreach tool yet though. Mostly it's been neat to see what other people I know online and in real life like.

greenoak
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks jenn..... its been great forus...
what im seeing on pinterest...is , for example, my cabinet pictures, the ones we make are being spread around the web by my followers and each picture has our website on it.... who knows who it will connect with.. i have 75 followers in about 2 weeks, so thats a lot of movement......and i really think its mostly people llike me who love decorating, architectural stuff and good design...some with stores some just doing their own thing at home...
and posting it on my faceboook is kind of like social and not sell sell sell...since i have a lot of fun and interesting stuff from other places too....also a lot of our fb fans have become followers so i can see what they like too.... and they are actual customers...
also im big on junk art...and we sell tons of the parts for making it...so that spreads the idea and creates interest in our junky parts.....its so new...i dont know all about it yet... i did see a furniture place with lots of pieces with prices ...and thats against how i read the rulses... so im waiting to hear more about that...
i love it ...im in the visual world...its so new i havent heard any theories on it yet.... waiting!!!lol.
do you have a pinterest page? what name? ..if you want to see my boards they are under ann furnivall....

KMcVey
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
It looks like a great way to drive traffic, which is always good. When I first saw it I thought of it as being a lot like tumblr, but I think I like this better.

greenoak
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
ive noticed quite a few pics have come from tumbler.
..pinterest is just so easy and fluid......its spreading like wildfire in my world..
btw...ive enjoyed your website!!!

SnellExperts
11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
we are a retail store .you can search our fb site...under green oak antiques...i try for lots of pictures....and whats in....then some things for fun, and some for non selling good information...... i try for about 5 posts a week....we talk it up in the store...and get lots of feedback from the customers....
i would love to hear your strategies etc etc.... we have done a few ads...not sure on that.... i would like to do more polls and other ways to get more interaction.... have you used notes? how about albums? i like those... we link out to our blogs and website a lot too...
p.s. thanks david....we are really glad we jumped into this..everything we try doesnt work out this well...

Polls are really useful, but you really hit the nail on the head when you are talking about interaction. In my opinion that is one of the strongest things you can do on Facebook. It serves several different function with the main ones being that A. it keeps people paying attention to your page, and B. everytime someone comments or interacts with your page, that shows up on their newsfeed as well. So people who are connected to them, but not you, will see their interaction with YOUR page thus hopefully bringing in outside people and helping you grow even more. We have done things like questions of the day, polls, and other things that could start a discussion. The questions of the day seemed to work really well, especially if you already have 2000 people on your page. "Groups" is another tool that I have found to be extremely useful. You could start a group called something like "antique lovers" and just make it a general group for antique lovers. It won't directly benefit your page, but because your on it, it will indirectly come back to your page. Its just another idea to help interact with your clientele on a personal level without coming across as spam.

I have never heard of "pinterest" that you guys keep talking about. What is the site all about? I will have to check it out for myself and see what it is all about.

greenoak
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
you are so right on groups.... im on 2 now...and both have been good, as well as fun...
im not sure if there is a place for mold on pinterest!!!lol....but its a powerful thing...
you can find me on it...
where is you fb page?

KristineS
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Congratulations on doing so well with your page and with Pinterest. Good for you.

greenoak
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
thanks kristine...the line between work and play is kind of blurry when it comes to this stuff....if you ever get on i want to see where you go..
i bet there is tons of embroidery and defilitly nature on pinterests...

SnellExperts
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
You can find our page on Facebook by searching for Executive Restoration or Snell Experts. Our Facebook pages are kind of weak, if you look up our Twitter pages though they are much stronger. I help manage the bands page on Facebook which is doing much better if you want to check it out just search for The Jupiter Tide.

greenoak
11-19-2011, 07:29 PM
i think we are more like the band!!! on the fun side of life for our followers..fun and entertainment just fit facebook really well imho... or food....
i took a look at your jupiter page....very impressive...the tone is great.... so friendly and casual and inclusive..