PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Posts

billbenson
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Someone else mentioned problems with dup posts so I thought I'd mention it as well.

Frequently, I'll make a post, click on submit, and nothing happens for a while. Then (on FF) I get a box that pops up and says "leave page". If I leave the page, I still am on the page showing the post I was typing as if it had never been submitted. If I hit submit I get a dup post.

I think it may be related to the forum being slow. It also could be a FF issue. I just switched to chrome so I'll see if its browser related??

Steve B
11-10-2011, 04:43 PM
It's happened to me on IE. Several times in the last few weeks - and it never happened prior to that.

mailorder
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I had it happen to me trying to edit a post a little bit ago. I use FF.

Business Attorney
11-10-2011, 09:54 PM
It's happened to me several times. It even happened to VG because I came across his double posts early this week and deleted one.

vangogh
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM
It does happen to me too, more often when I post at night. I've been talking to the hosting company about upgrading servers so we'll see if that improves things. Probably be a few more weeks before I change anything.

I think it might be happening because of a mod I added to prevent spammers from registering, but I'm not sure and it's not a mod I want to disable because it does work very well at keeping auto spammers out.