PDA

View Full Version : Michigan fall colors desktop wallpaper

cbscreative
11-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Since we have many members here who don't get to enjoy the beauty of fall colors like we do here in Michigan, I thought I would share this picture taken a couple weeks ago on one of my bicycle rides.

http://www.cbscreative.com/images/FallScenicDr-th.jpg

You can get a free download for your desktop in either traditional or wide screen proportions. Enjoy!

Standard screen proportions (http://www.cbscreative.com/images/FallScenicDr.jpg)

Wide screen proportions (http://www.cbscreative.com/images/FallScenicDr-w.jpg)

billbenson
11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
My dad had a cabin in Northern WI growing up. Reminds me of that. Beautiful picture, but you aren't going to sell me on moving to a place where it snows though :)

KristineS
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
That Fall colors were awesome in Northern Michigan this year. It was the most colorful year I've seen in quite a while.

I couldn't live where we didn't have Fall and Winter. Each season is unique and brings it's own special pleasures.

Blessed
11-01-2008, 04:51 PM
we're starting to see great colors around here too and I'm with Kristine - I like living in a place that has all the seasons. Although I will admit that by the time we get to February I'm usually sick of the snow :)

Business Attorney
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Great photo, Steve. Just last Saturday, I commented to my wife how colorful the trees were this year. Normally, there would not be many leaves still be on the trees in the Chicago area in November.

vangogh
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Nice photo Steve. We're getting some great colors here too at the moment, but not quite what you get to experience.

cbscreative
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks. We're still getting some nice color. Although many leaves have fallen or turned brown, the trees that were still green before are now in full color, and there's still some green left that has yet to change. I could easily post a lot of photos. It's a great time to be out bike riding here. This week, we're even getting some upper 60's (over 70 today) which is warmer than normal and makes it even more enjoyable.

vangogh
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
It's been in the 70's here all week. Most of the leaves have turned or fallen, but there's still some green. It's a beautiful mix at the moment. I may need to grab my camera and walk around town taking pictures.

billbenson
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
It's been in the 70's here all week. Most of the leaves have turned or fallen, but there's still some green. It's a beautiful mix at the moment. I may need to grab my camera and walk around town taking pictures.

Been in the 70's here all week as well; but then I'm well.. I'm in Florida.

Actually where I am is to hot in the summer and to cold in the winter. Houses aren't really built for cold weather. The hot weather was fine when I was younger and always in the water. Kind of prefer 80 to 90 degrees these days.

Of all the places I've lived (there have been a bunch) I loved a few places in central america. Those of you that like the change of seasons wouldn't like it, but there are a number of places where the cities are at altitudes where the climate is low 70's at night and 80 plus or minus during the day and not that humid. They still had either the rain forest or tropical palms and fruit trees everywhere. Beautiful tropical settings without the extreme heat.

I've said it before, but I'll mention it again. If anybody is planning a trip to Latin America or the Caribbean, I spent basically 100% travel in the region for 10 years and have been to just about every business center. It's been a while, but there are some places I love and places I hate. Make a post with what you like if you would like to travel there and I'll make a recommendation

SouthernOfficeChairs.com
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Beautiful picture!
We rode up to the North GA/Carolina mountains a couple of weeks ago and they were just starting to turn. It was gorgeous.
Ours (NW GA) have been changing the last few days and are very vibrant.
They say the "drier the conditions" the "more colorful the leaves."
I guess that's one positive for the drought we've been experiencing for the last year.
:)
Thanks for the wallpaper.
Here's a pic from up in Cashiers, NC.
SOC

Paul Elliott
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
That Fall colors were awesome in Northern Michigan this year. It was the most colorful year I've seen in quite a while.

Point of geography for us web-footed swampers in Louisiana--

Is Northern Michigan the same as the UP (upper peninsula)?

Paul

KristineS
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
No Paul. Northern Michigan is the Northern part of Michigan that is below the bridge and the Upper Peninsula. It is still in the part of Michigan that looks like a mitten. We just tend to call it Northern Michigan to separate us from those who live "downstate" which is anyone who lives South of us. Collectively, those of us who live "under the bridge" (the Mackinac Bridge which connects the two peninsulas) are called trolls, though that's only by the "Yoopers" who live in the Upper Peninsula.

Paul Elliott
11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks, Kristine. I have not previously understood those finer points of geography.

Now, the next time I'm in Michigan I can speak like a native . . . until ah open mah mouf . . . It's the accent, you understand! ;)

Paul