PDA

View Full Version : How do I get beta testers?

JonDobbs
11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I am building a call tracking product to help people track their marketing better but I am having problems getting beta testers. We are looking to sign up 100 people and I have no idea where to even start. We have a landing page with an email capture on it at callgrader.com (http://callgrader.com). other than that, I have no idea on how to drive traffic to the sign up sheet.

Does anyone have any experience on leading a grassroots or viral marketing campaign that they would like to share with me? Anything insight, feedback, or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

vangogh
11-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Jon. The first place you could look is people you know. It looks like your product/service aims to help people track their marketing efforts so do you know a few people with businesses who do marketing? They'll probably be the easiest to convince.

Beyond that you have to give people a reason to help you. Having an email capture can work great under certain circumstances, but as it is now you're a complete stranger asking for my email address. Why would anyone give that to you without knowing more? Why not present some information first. Tell people about your product/service first and then provide the sign up to those who are interested. You'll probably get better beta testers that way.

You're going to have to build up some kind of relationship with people or convince them your product/service has potential to be valuable to them to make them want to help. Keep in mind you're asking other people to help you. You probably need to give them something to make that effort worthwhile to them.

KristineS
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Do you have Facebook and Twitter accounts? Are you reaching out to business people to let them know this service is available? You have to build a buzz about the service before you're likely to get people to try it. There also has to be more information than one short paragraph if you want people to sign up as beta testers. At the very least there should be a landing page. Right now, there isn't enough information to know what the product does or how it could help to convince me (and I'm a marketer) that it would be worth my time to beta test.

Vangogh also hit the nail on the head when he said you have to build trust with people and convince them there's some potential upside to beta testing your product. Right now, I don't know who you are as a company and I don't know why I'd want to spend one minute working with your product. What's the upside for me as a beta tester? I think you need to put out more information.

AvidTexting
11-10-2011, 06:50 PM
You should probably try to reach out to telemarketing companies or small businesses that focus on cold calling.