PDA

View Full Version : An agricultural cover postcard

KerryAll
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
This is one of the postcards I mail out to some ($1.03 for a stamp: Canada to U.S.) and give out.

Crtiique if you will...

vangogh
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
It looks good. There's one bit in the text I would change in the second paragraph. You say the pouch will help the farmer. I'd change it to the pouch will help you. If you want to get the word farmer in there you could say the pouch will help famers.

Overall I like the card. I thought it was well written and the image of the product certainly works. You have all your contact information where it should be and even a call to action telling people to get in touch for more information. Looks good.

christinagilman
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Do you have any testimonials from farmers who have used your product with success? If so, it could be beneficial to place that short testimonial on the right side of your text. The testimonials will have a short description of why Mr./Ms. Farmer is happy with your product and how it's worked for him/her. You would use their name and could even put a small picture of them. Make sure you get their permission first, of course.

Steve B
12-22-2011, 05:01 AM
I don't think it will convince many people to buy it. When I looked at it - I thought - "it's a tarp". I think you need to make the case why buying your product is better than going to the hardware store and buying a tarp and a bunch of bungie cords. I'm sure your stuff is just the right size and will fit better and will stay on better etc. - but your card doesn't make that case.

greenoak
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
it shows your idea well...BUT.. needs a good headline....like cover it...or custom tarps.... or ?????....a good short, 3 or 4 word headline in BIG letters...

KristineS
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't think it will convince many people to buy it. When I looked at it - I thought - "it's a tarp". I think you need to make the case why buying your product is better than going to the hardware store and buying a tarp and a bunch of bungie cords. I'm sure your stuff is just the right size and will fit better and will stay on better etc. - but your card doesn't make that case.

Have to agree with SteveB on this one. Your card makes a good case and sets up a scenario very well, but it doesn't tell why your product is a better option than buying a tarp. Does it fit better? Will it protect better against the weather and wind? What makes your product a better choice?

I would recommend adding a few bullet points that would summarize why your pouch is a better choice than a do-it-yourself option.

christinagilman
12-23-2011, 02:57 AM
it shows your idea well...BUT.. needs a good headline....like cover it...or custom tarps.... or ?????....a good short, 3 or 4 word headline in BIG letters...

Headlines are a great way to break up text on a page, and an even greater way to get the most important information to the reader.

RjMaan
06-02-2018, 12:37 PM
The overall card is amazing but if the paragraphs would be centrally aligned then it would look amazing.