PDA

View Full Version : Tips for marketing

AdrianF3
10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking for tips on how to market my business/website. I feel like I have a pretty unique idea and something that consumers would like, but I feel like I have absolutely no idea how to market the idea. I have run a few Facebook ads/google ads but it hasn't been much use. So what I am asking is I guess is what are your best tips for getting your products out there, especially on a low budget. My website is iveovercome.com any advice or tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

KristineS
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Who is your target audience. Who do you think would be likely to buy the products you have to sell or be attracted to your message? That's the first thing you need to figure out. Running facebook ads or Google ads is great, if that's where the people who are likely to buy your product are, and if you're selecting the right keywords. If you're not, you're just wasting money.

The first thing you need to do is figure out your ideal customer. Then figure out where those people are and then make sure you're there too. Everything else grows from that.

billbenson
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
You aren't going to want to here this but your web site is extremely slow to open. If I didn't want to look at it for this post I would have clicked the back button or closed it. It has two other problems. Its on a free host which is very hard to get decent placement in Google and it is a Flash web site which google can't read. Essentially Google will never give you good placement so you want get any search engine traffic and most customers will leave because of the extremely long load time. You really need to redo your site if it is a central part of your business.

Sorry to be so negative, but...

AdrianF3
10-12-2011, 01:06 AM
No worries about the feedback, I appreciate the tips!

AdrianF3
10-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Can anyone suggest a new place to build a website? I would preferably like a drag and drop site, also I have seen things like high wire or volusion, would anyone recommend those? thanks!

AvidTexting
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Your site is too plain with too little items for sale for an ecommerce site - I only see 4 items for sale. Magenta is probably the best shopping cart out there at the moment, however it's not drag and drop. Many bigger ecommerce sites are using Magenta but it's pretty difficult to design a theme especially for someone with no programming/html knowledge. If you decide to use Magenta, you would probably have to hire someone to design and set it up for you.

onestop-webshop
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Post card marketing can be a very effective way to get your business/products to an extremely targeted group. It involves acquiring a list of buyers from a list broker, in which you can target buyers who have made multiple purchases on a given type of product or service, and who will likely buy again.

onestop-webshop
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Many drag and drop-type programs do not include e-commerce functionality and don't implement the proper support needed when troubleshooting is needed. If you're thinking of going this route, be sure you have those options available.

Big Rued
01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
What is it that you are trying to sell?

brocktoon93
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Get a twitter and Facebook page and promote it on there. It's free there, just takes your time. Great source of targeted traffic and you can get good feedback on your product.

synconlinemedia
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
The beauty of the internet is you can attract visitors for very little invested...if done right. Im talking about natural search optimization (pssssst...its free!). Of course this takes time...3-6 months for a moderately competitve keyword. If you can make it to the top 3 on Goolge, even page one, you will get traffic.

Ad Word and Banner adds work great but you really need to be very very exact in your demographic and geographic targeting...and test test test!!! Biggest issue with most new online marketers is they may get the clicks but once the target is at their landing page they have no clear call to action on the page. You dont want them to think "where do I go now" or "what do I do next". Lastly, understand what a "conversion rate" is...just becasue you get 1000 visitors to your site does not mean they will all buy. In the world of direct mail .01% is a great conversion rate (.005% is acceptable to many as well!).