PDA

View Full Version : field report...

greenoak
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
i talked to 2 customers yesterday, they own a big fancy candy shop and have bought some of their fixtures and counters from us.... they love their facebook and use it heavily...one said he feels bad when the newspaper guy comes in for a 300$$$ ad,,,now facebook has replaced that and FACEBOOK IS FREE.... they put their menu of the day on and people come in ....its really working for them.....

KristineS
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
A lot of restaurants have started doing that in our area too. It's kind of fun to go and see the specials, or read the menu. It's also more interactive too, because you can see comments from people about what they liked or didn't like. It makes sense that businesses like this are gravitating toward Facebook.

Dee2x
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Facebook, as well as some of the other social media tools can be great promotional vehicles for small businesses if they learn how to use them effectively. Most social media tools are free but cost in time. To help them learn how to successfully use social media with their business, I’ve help coordinate three events in our area to teach them how. We’re expecting a great turnout.

greenoak
10-03-2011, 10:33 PM
good luck..... its so new and businesses are ready to get on board in a big way...are you going for advising or actually servicing businesses and doing the work?

JacobBergeron
10-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Facebook if used properly can be an amazing tool, it allows interaction with customers in an engaging way. I have not yet promoted the facebook page for my small business, but overtime I feel it can be a unique and valuable tool. I like that it allows business owner to interact with customers in a relax manner, its cold calling communications in a non-intrusive way ie current sales, menus, products, specific offers, etc. Certainly something any small business owner should at least look into.

greenoak
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
im very happy with facebook we have 1898 fans now.... i know it doesnt fit all businesses as well as it fits ours...we are regional and know tons of people face to face..and a lot of our fans know each other....and most have probably been to our store in person...... ..and they are mostly women who use facebook in their daily lives... so its really a good deal for us...
i think it would be harder to start up a community on an internet only level....
if you want to see our site just search green oak antiques....

JacobBergeron
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
That's very neat that you have reached that many fans! Congrats :)