PDA

View Full Version : Smilies

Coach Morse
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I would like to have more smilies to choose from.

What do you think?

vangogh
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
That's a good idea. I'll have to look to see where we can get and add more to the mix. We still need to upload a default set of avatars too, though I think most of us here at the moment already have our own to use.

I actually have to get a little work done outside the forum the next day or two, but I'm hoping to be able to spend some time this weekend making some additions.

I like the idea of more smillies. Maybe we could even find some nice animated ones.

KristineS
08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I'll do some searching too. There's got to be a wider selection out there.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks. I started searching for avatars the other night, but didn't find a collection of them for download at once, just things that were one at a time. I don't usually care for most of the default avatars so it was hard for me to choose.

I did see one that was an anime collection and I liked how it looked, but wasn't sure it was right for here.

Spider
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I would like to have more smilies to choose from.
What do you think?Spoken like a true SViber!!!!

Coach Morse
08-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Spoken like a true SViber!!!!

Yes...

I would like to use my favorite "Woot" smilie over here. :D

vangogh
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Which is the 'Woot' smilie? Can you point me to a page that displays one?

Coach Morse
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Which is the 'Woot' smilie? Can you point me to a page that displays one?

Here's the link to the smilies on successvibe. I don't know where they found them, but if we had them here it would be cool. IMO (Woot is with the w's near the bottom of the page):D

Smilie List - SuccessVibe.com (http://www.successvibe.com/forum/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001)

vangogh
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks George. I'm not sure how it works. If we can download those directly and add them here, but I've bookmarked the page and added the smilies to the to do list we have going. Hopefully in a few days we'll have some more for you to use.

Coach Morse
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks George. I'm not sure how it works. If we can download those directly and add them here, but I've bookmarked the page and added the smilies to the to do list we have going. Hopefully in a few days we'll have some more for you to use.

Thanks Steve! :)

KristineS
08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I have done some research and there are some sites that will allow you to download free emoticons and smilies. I'm a bit wary of some of them though and am doing a bit more research before I make any recommendations.

vangogh
08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks Kristine. I know it's hard to know with some of those sites who to trust. I'm glad you're researching it. By the way my favorite emoticon is the guy rolling on his side laughing and pounding on the floor. Not that it should be the deciding factor in your choice, but you know it would be nice to have that little guy.

We'll need to find a default set of avatars for people to use as well.

KristineS
08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I was going to mention avatars as well. I've been looking into them too.

I know there are cds with avatars and emoticons that you can buy, and that may be the way to go. I just want to exhaust all possible free options first.

I will certainly look for the little guy rolling on the floor laughing. I like him too.

vangogh
08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Free works for me too. I'd prefer finding free avatars than having to buy a cd of them. I had done a quick search for avatars last week and found quite a few freebies, but they were all individual avatars and no sets. There were simply too many to choose from.

I did see a nice group of anime avatars, but wasn't sure it was the best choice for a business forum.