PDA

View Full Version : Google+ Now Open to All

vangogh
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Looks like Google has dropped the invite only status of Google+ Anyone who wants in can now get in. Google+ is open to all (http://searchengineland.com/google-opens-to-everyone-adds-search-expands-hangouts-93484).

Earlier when visiting Google search an animation was appearing pointing you to the top left corner where there's a link for You+ Clicking that link takes you to the Google+ sign up page. I'm not seeing the animation now, but the link is still there.

I've been on Google+ a month or so now and have to say I've been enjoying it more than I have other social networks. At the moment the community is more on the tech and marketing side than the general population, but that could start to change with the network now being open to everyone. Time will tell of course.

Anyway thought some of you would be interested in case you want in and haven't been able to get an invite.

AllCeasonsDesign
09-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you Van, I will have to check that out.

vangogh
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
If you open an account let me know what you think.

KristineS
09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Man, I need to spend more time on Google +. I've been completely ignoring my account. It will be interesting to see how much it grows now that it's open to everyone.

vangogh
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I do like Google+ more than I like Facebook. It's not like I'm spending every minute of the day on Google+ I've barely checked in this past week in fact. However I do typically spend a few minutes there each day, which is a few minutes more than I ever spend on Facebook.

It'll be interesting to see how much growth there is over the next month or so. Google is certainly pushing people to sign up with the big arrow animation. It'll be years if ever before they reach Facebook level, but the benefit to Google+ is likely it'll be the network most tied to Google's search results.