PDA

View Full Version : Critique my latest web design

websonalized
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I designed and developed this website for a Spanish Speaking Motivator.

She indicated the colors that she wanted, and I designed the layout, look and feel with the intent to reflect her personality and the services that she is marketing through the website.

As you critique, I would value if you include the browser and operating system you are using. I ask this, because it is my intention to develop websites that are crossbrowser compatible, but I may not have gotten some detail right. Thus, knowing why you saw what you saw, will help me narrow down any corrections that I may need.

Thank you,

billbenson
09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
En Linea at the top heading is actually just touching the top of the heading "Reflexión Diaria". I'm using Linux / Firefox

websonalized
09-19-2011, 02:08 PM
En Linea at the top heading is actually just touching the top of the heading "Reflexión Diaria". I'm using Linux / Firefox

Thank you billbenson. To make sure I understood you correctly I have attached an image indicating what I understood from your feedback.

Could you tell me which edition of firefox are you using?

again thank you,

billbenson
09-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Not quite. "En Linea" is shifted down to were the links below start and is touching the accent in Reflexión leaving a big space between Motivación and en Línea. Sorry I don't have an easy way to post a screen shot at the moment. I'm using FF 4.0 Beta 12.

Motivación en Línea || Blog Reflexión Diaria Contacto Calendario de Eventos

KristineS
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I saw the same thing Bill did. I'm using Firefox 3.6.

websonalized
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Thank you guys.

I think I have corrected that error.

It is funny (e.g. frustrating and interesting at the same time) how every single variable affects the design.

For the "En Linea" element, using Windows 7, Firefox 6 , the margin had to be set : margin: -50px 0 0 0 !important;
For windows 7, Chrome 13, the margin had to be set: margin: -110px 0 0 0 !important;

I am assuming that the correct margin for Linux, Firefox 3.6 and 4 would be: margin: -110px 0 0 0 !important;

I've added a new css file for Linux / FireFox.

Could you check how it came out?

Thank you,

billbenson
09-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Still looks the same on Linux / FF.

vangogh
09-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm still seeing it too in Firefox. Here's a screenshot. It looks good in Safari though.

As for the design, I'm immediately struck by the color. Not speaking the language I don't know if the bright colors are appropriate for the content, but I'll assume they are. The bright colors definitely grab me though.

The layout looks good. It's simple and there's ample space around design elements. I like the comment boxes. They came out well. I'm wondering why the text at the top is centered? Again I don't know what it says so it may be appropriate, but it looks off being centered. In what I assume is the about box in the sidebar where are the paragraphs. It's hard to read without any.

The links in the footer are hard to read. The white on pink isn't offering enough contrast.

Overall it looks pretty good. Again the most striking part of the design is the color scheme.

srijan
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
It looks good but i don't like the color combination. It is even harder to look at the text.