PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback on My Business Card

KingTomato
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Im looking for some feedback on my business card. These are old, got them when I filed for an LLC in January and changing some information like number for the phone, services, etc. I'm looking for some design ideas, I figured I'd get rid of the images in the bottom left at least since customers probably dont even know what they mean. Anything else you'd offer?

EDIT: Thanks for starting another thread, I got to thinking about that right after I hit Post.

vangogh
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Seth I moved your post into its own thread. I hope you don't mind.

I like the front, though I think the back is too crowded. You really don't need to put that much information on the card. I might only list the residential and commercial support line and do away with the rest. Obviously you want to keep your contact information. Add a url to your site once it's ready. With the certified information use either the image or the text. You don't need both. I'd go with the text.

Now that I think about it there's probably too much information on the front too. I think I would remove the Secure | Innovative | Dependable part.

When you place so much information in such a small place little of it actually registers. Better would be less info nicely spaced and aligned. Get the key point across and provide your contact information so people can find out more.

Georgias Gifts
09-13-2011, 08:06 PM
I agree with vangogh, too much info. I like the idea of removing Secure/Innovative/Dependable. Why not put your name on the front? Seth Hall, Master Technician or something.

KristineS
09-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I'd agree with removing the secure, innovative, dependable. So many companies use those sorts of words and phrases that they've really lost all meaning. Plus, that's not what's really important. What you want people to know is what you do, your name and how to contact you. Definitely include your website URL when it is available.

KingTomato
09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback, the Secure, Innovative and Dependable part I had actually incorporated into my logo to give that impression of like data security for like medical stuff, HIPPA, etc. I can understand it being so overused though and having little meaning so I'm going to go ahead and take it out. I'm still working on my website(I dont do much web so it's a slow process) and I had planned on adding the URL as well.

vangogh
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
It's not so much about those words being overused as it is you're trying to do too much with the card. Keep the card simple and keep the information on it to a minimum. Your business card doesn't need to do everything to sell your company. It really doesn't need to do more than show your company name and present your contact information. Beyond that maybe a couple of words or a short sentence to provide a bit of additional information.

Stu_Upton
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree with vangogh, too much is trying to happen on the back of the card making it look cluttered and unbalanced, the red font used for 'certified and background checked' draws my eye a little too much resulting in your contact details almost falling into a blind spot and looking more like an after thought fitted in where space would allow rather than them being ony of the key elements of the card.

I would drop the 'secure | dep...' bit and replace it with 'www.hallstech.com', and if web development isn't your thing then get someone else to do it, a small financial outlay can save a lot of time and it could be the first (well second if you include the business card they get yout URL off) impression of your business so you want it to be the best it can be.

Your card doesn't have to be a brochure or billboard and they are normally handed out person to person giving you the chance to make the introduction or better still from someone else recommending your services, or may go out as part of an introductory mailshot with a letter giving all the information about who you are.

AllCeasonsDesign
09-15-2011, 03:14 PM
King,
I think your logo is nice and the colors are good. I do agree with a lot of the things others have said though. I dont think you need to use your business card to describe everything your business does. I like to tell customers to keep their cards simple with just the logo and contact information. Mostly likely business cards are given out in person or sent out with other advertising materials and those should be used to help explain why the person getting your card should be interested in your business. I also think its very important to put your website information on your card as that is where people can look to learn more about you.

thegoodsoldiers
09-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree too much info as well. I will try to simplify but still get your message across.

huggytree
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
it looks like a 'normal' business card...not exciting, not bad....just blah

if you card was on a board with 100 other cards how long would it take to find yours??? ill bet a while...it looks just like everyone elses....

i chose a light blue background with water drops and used bright Yellow for my company name....how long to find mine? 1 second

same with fridge magnets...mine jumps off the fridge

i do think you say too much on the back....find a way to make your card 'different' in a good way and make it stand out....mine says everything it needs to say on the front (back is blank)....less is sometimes more