PDA

View Full Version : My first TV commercial

Reflo Ltd
09-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around in awhile. I've been so hectic that the time has flown by.

Anyhow, I thought I would stop in and show off my new and first TV commercial. It begins airing tomorrow. I'm hoping it at least pays for itself!

Here is the youtube link... REFLO Jennifer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17bubzfQZ3U&feature=colike)

I know I always get fair feedback from my SBF friends so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

Steve B
09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Looks good - good luck with it. Where is it airing?

Spider
09-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Cool!

I would liked to have seen the phone number and web address larger and for a longer period at the end. I had to watch it three times before I realized that 855.WHATEVER was a telephone number! (And, of course, I wouldn't be able to replay the ad if I saw it on television.) The addition of "tel:" before the number would have helped, I think.

Likewise, I wonder how many non-nerdy people will immediately associate .net as a web address - that really needs to be .com, even with a longer domain name. I'll bet BETTERSIPPYCUP.COM will be more effective than REFLO.NET.

Nicely done, though!

Georgias Gifts
09-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice commercial. Simple and good visuals with the baby. And you hit on all the benefits.

On the phone number, besides the words, I like to see all the numbers, maybe underneath the words.
(Easy to remember the words, but I don't like have to look for the corresponding letters & numbers.) and I agree, showing the info at the end larger would give more impact to the call for action.

Reflo Ltd
09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
It is just airing locally for now on Cleveland's channel 8.

I too want to increase the visual for the phone number and website. I initially proposed a static banner at the bottom of the screen but this is how the finished product came to me. the TV station shot the commercial and had it ready to go a day ahead of airing so we can probably make changes during the upcoming week.

Another bit of cool news is our product will be on a national morning show on Sept 20 and again on Dec 14. The show is America Now which airs on all 43 Raycom stations across the country.

Steve B
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
How are sales going?

Spider
09-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Wow! Super job, Pete! Are you geared up to produce in large quantities, when the orders come in?

Reflo Ltd
09-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Steve, Sales aren't what they need to be from that commercial, yet. We are going to change the contact info to be more noticeable. On the upside, we got some news coverage in Memphis from a press release from months ago. The sales from that were stellar. The morning show coverage coming up should be good too.

Most of our sales are our 4-cup packages. We even got a 16 cup order today, very nice.

Reflo Ltd
09-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, we have more than enough product on hand to handle demand for now and can acquire as much as we need in short order.

Steve B
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I think you're going to be filthy rich someday ... soon. Just don't forget your friends on SBF.net

Reflo Ltd
09-11-2011, 05:52 PM
LOL, thanks Steve. I hope so and how could I ever forget a great group like all of you?

KristineS
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Must have missed this the first time around. Congratulations on your success. I'm so glad things are moving for you.

What sort of schedule is/was your commercial running on? Where a commercial runs can make a lot of difference, so it pays to make sure you're not just running in the dead hours of the night or something. Did you purchase run of schedule spots, or were you in specific shows?

Reflo Ltd
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
We are running on weekend mornings, during the news segments.

KristineS
09-13-2011, 12:22 PM
That's not a bad place. I don't know what the station is, or what sort of programming they run, but with your product you would, most likely, want to look for shows that skew toward the female demographic.

Reflo Ltd
09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
That is definitely the demographic we are targeting. We also get a surprising number of orders either from grandparents or as the result of a grandparent telling their kids about it.

mobile resolutions
09-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Awesome commercial! Good luck to you! I agree with the others on larger print for call to action. I would even suggest using a mobile campaign for your call to action either in place of the website and phone number or in conjunction with them. A mobile campaign will give you opted in customer contact instantly and also help you determine the ROI (return on investment) of your commercial in real time.
Checkout this free demo and let me know what you think:

Text reflo to 90210

Message me if you are interested in finding out more.

Reflo Ltd
09-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Everyone, I had the contact info revised in that commercial. I was getting feedback that folks didn't notice it at all or couldn't catch it. Here is an improved version....

REFLO update - YouTube (http://youtu.be/D4iB-mfAxEo)

The response rate has definitely improved with this morning's running of the commercial.

Patrysha
09-18-2011, 07:47 AM
awesome! If tweaking is included...I'd keep making small changes to see if you can keep upping response rates...

One budget tip to keep in mind with broadcast advertising is that you can save money through a process called pulsing...where you play a commercial series one week and then not the next but then pick up in the third week (this can done by day or month too with the same principle) If you're continually putting your ads out there and tweaking them for higher response rates eventually you'll have the budget to go full time. There are a few other techniques that can leverage the advertising expenditure too...like have you added the video to your Facebook page or linked to it in Twitter (if you have these things in place of course...)

Now is a prime time to get your plans finalized for Christmas if they haven't been already. Many of the major parenting magazines have already closed on their gift guides...though yours is a year round product...getting coverage over Christmas is not that difficult and it's free with just a bit of effort or fairly affordable if you don't have the time to DIY

huggytree
09-18-2011, 10:12 AM
i think its fantastic

very clean and great visuals

i think it was a smart idea not to hire someone else to do the ad....you come off as a typical mom and describe your product well

A+

Reflo Ltd
09-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Patrysha, Thanks for the advice, I will look into some better techniques for maximizing our advertising potential.

Reflo Ltd
09-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Actually, that is a customer of ours and that is her son. She only brought him in to be in the commercial and when our "actress" was running 45 minutes late, she agreed to try it out herself. She is an absolute natural and did a fantastic job. Her son was our youngest known customer at the time he started using our product at 6 months old.